-9-

Doyoung: no...no doyoung don't jump to conclusions just because of what you saw-

Junkyu's confession about liking mashiho in the past rung loudly in his ears. He didn't want to believe it. He really didn't. Especially after all those precious moments he had with junkyu. But the sight of them together that night, as well as earlier in the morning when junkyu fed mashiho affectionately, kept surrounding his thoughts. His jealousy wasn't helping either, nor was rationality. 

Doyoung: what if...junkyu hyung's feelings for mashiho hyung haven't disappeared yet...what if he actually likes me but he also likes mashiho hyung...is that possible...hyung why...

Doyoung re-entered his tent and slowly got back to his place. He turned to the side. Streaks of tears fell down the side of his face. He closed his eyes. His thoughts were eating him up alive. He didn't know what to believe. The one advantage of his tears were they helped him fall asleep, despite the loud thoughts inside his head and the loud snoring of hyunsuk and junghwan. 

He woke up to a sleepy junghwan pushing him. Junghwan rubbed his eyes and yawned.

Junghwan: hyung wake up. Everyone else is ready to go back.

Doyoung rubbed his eyes too.

Junghwan: why are your eyes swollen...?

Doyoung: they are? M-maybe i didn't get enough sleep. 

Junghwan: oh did i snore too much? My bad. When we get back, you can sleep all you want.

They all collected near the coast of the beach where the boat guide would arrive with the boat to take them back to the mainland, where the members parked their cars two days ago. 

The seating arrangement for the boat and the car was different this time. Doyoung ended up with jaehyuk, jeongwoo and jihoon for the car ride. It was too loud and chaotic inside. He just looked out the window.

Jihoon: what's wrong, doyoung? Why aren't you your cheerful self?

Doyoung froze, not knowing what to say. He didn't know he made his sadness obvious.

Jaehyuk: are you missing the island already? It's okay baby, we'll come back again some day. 

Doyoung: y-yeah...

Doyoung was more than thankful to jaehyuk. 

They reached their dorms after a 4 hour long ride, during which doyoung kept thinking about junkyu and mashiho. 

Doyoung: this just won't do if we want to last long. I'll confront hyung and see what he has to say.

The next day they were told that the members would have to swap their dorms randomly. Amongst the 3 dorms, doyoung, jihoon, junghwan and asahi were in one. Junkyu, mashiho, haruto and hyunsuk in another. The last one consisted of yoshi, yedam, jaehyuk and jeongwoo. 

Doyoung felt like him and junkyu kept getting further apart. Now he couldn't even confront junkyu about what he saw last night on the beach. As if that wasn't enough to make him feel bad, he realized mashiho and junkyu would be in the same dorm.

They swapped their dorms soon. 

Everytime doyoung visited junkyu's dorm to talk to him about mashiho, he would always see the both of them together, and would return to his own dorm thinking "now isn't the time". Days passed by this way. Junkyu rarely visited him.

A week later, doyoung had had enough. He texted junkyu. 

Doyoung, on text: hyung. Meet me in the park.

Junkyu received a notification. He opened it to see doyoung's text. He was really confused as to why doyoung texted him instead of just coming to his dorm to tell him. This made him nervous, especially since doyoung sounded really monotonous, because usually he would add emojis. 

Junkyu wore his jacket on top of his sweatshirt and went down to the park, to the bench next to the vending machine where he and doyoung usually hung out. He saw doyoung's figure sitting on the bench. He smiled. He came and sat next to doyoung, happily. 

Junkyu: so...? How are you doing?

Doyoung: i can't believe its been so long since we had a talk to the point you had to ask me that.

Junkyu tilted his head out of confusion. 

Doyoung: I've been fine hyung. How...have you been? Adjusting to the new dorm arrangements and all that...

Junkyu: ah that...i miss sharing a dorm with you, doyoung.

Doyoung: really?

Junkyu: what do you mean..? Of course i do-

Doyoung: hyung.

Doyoung sounded serious. He sounded mad. Junkyu flinched. He would be lying if he said he didn't feel scared. Doyoung was probably the least serious member of treasure so this was least expected from him. 

Junkyu: w-what...?

Doyoung: when we camped outside on the beach...where had you gone at night?

Junkyu: h-huh? I was obviously asleep.

Doyoung: the whole time? You hadn't left the tent at all...?

Junkyu: n-no. Why?

Doyoung's heart felt like it shattered into a million pieces. Time and time, over and over again, doyoung kept ignoring any signs of junkyu still liking mashiho. Doyoung repeatedly forgave him and repeatedly tried reaching out to confirm these suspicions as false. But junkyu lying wasn't helping his case. Doyoung felt like junkyu didn't love him after all. 

Tears welled up in doyoung's eyes. Junkyu was taken aback and didn't know what to do. He was confused.

Doyoung: hyung...i saw you and mashiho hyung sitting on the beach after everyone went to sleep. Why did you lie?

Junkyu froze. 

Junkyu: this is what it was about...

Doyoung was even more saddened at the sight of junkyu looking like he was caught off-guard. Junkyu didn't even try explaining or denying anything. 

Doyoung: hyung...time and time over again, you being affectionate with mashiho hyung really bothered me, especially after you told me you liked him. But i always ignored it, thinking i was the selfish one. Everytime i tried talking to you, you were with him. This past week. I really tried ignoring and enduring it all but i have some limits too. 

Junkyu: doyoung...

Doyoung got up.

Doyoung: hyung...this isn't working out anymore. Let's...break up...

Doyoung proceeded to walk away, as he felt junkyu grab his wrist. He shook junkyu's hand off and continued walking. He didn't want to see junkyu because it made him sad. And he didn't want junkyu to see him being petty.