Chapter 2: Stop being such a dad

♡lunch♡

"go sit with people and make some friends. You're not gonna make friends if you're always at my side." Brendan said with me attached to his hip as we entered the cafeteria.
"Maybe I could be friends with your friends then..."
"Hey l/n! Over here!" I noticed the same pink skinned girl from this morning waving at me to come over. I stayed in place and looked up at Brendan not knowing what to do.
"Go over there" he said shooing me away
"But they're strangers and you know stranger danger"
"Then make them not strangers"
"But I don't like people..."
"You're literally a pro hero. Go over there before I make you"
"Hey mum said you can't use your quirk on me. It's not fair when you use it to make me do things that I refuse to do"
"Since when am I fair?" I groaned and walked over to the table
"Hey" I put on a fake smile to cover up how nervous and uncomfortable I was as I sat down next to her.
"Oh my god! That adorable accent of yours is never gonna to get old. Oh everyone this is l/n y/n" I slowly looked up and gave an awkward wave.
Everyone introduced themselves and I noticed that the boy from this morning was here as well.
"So l/n how did you get into UA? Cause you know, it's the middle of the year and all" Sero asked me
"well first, my brother Brendan is in our class too so I think y/n would definitely be easier and we got into UA because both of our parents are pro heroes"
"Really?! That's actually so cool!" they all looked both confused and amazed until Kiri spoke up once again "Hold on, you look really familiar..." studying all my featured, he raised his eyebrows "Wait. Are you and your brother those two teen pro heroes from England?"
"Oh... um yeah. I guess that could've helped us get into UA..." Everyone's jaws dropped. The fact that everyone was so impressed caused me to blush.
"My Jewel, come over here!" I turned and saw Brendan calling me over.
"I've gotta flash but I'll see you guys in class" I told the group nervously pointing behind me to any brother before I walked over to my brother's table where he was sitting with a broccoli boy, hand chop man, froggy, rosey, and that candy cane boy. "What do you need dumbass?" I said as I rested my elbow on his shoulder.
"Who's that guy and why is he ALWAYS staring at you" Brendan said with a stern look on his face.
"Okay 1. Those are my friends... I think... I hope 2. Everyone at the table was looking at me because they were doing something called listening, 3. What guy, and 4. I have no idea what you're even talking about"
"That guy" He pointed at Kaminari "He's been staring at you all day" I just covered my mouth as I laughed
"You're dumb. Literally who would stare at me. You're probably just being a paranoid, overprotective brother... again. Come on, let's get to class and stop being such a dad"