Chapter 5: Don't worry about it

♡1 hour later♡

"I can't believe you've never had a boyfriend!" Mina yelled as we were walking around the arcade

"Shhh! Mina you're so loud!"

"But it's true!"

"Well I've never had time with all my hero business. Plus there's no way Brendan would ever let me date, period. If he could help it, I would never even have a crush because I have to "only focus on hero work and school." and for what I know, there's no one he'd actually approve of."

"why do you always do what he tells you to do? I mean he shouldn't be controlling you"

"He doesnt control me... Well I just don't want our relationship to be awkward. Plus, it's for my own good. I do need to focus on things other than boys. Boys would just be a distraction to my success" Mina rolled her eyes at me. "Plus, it's not like I have a crush or anything"

"There's no one you have your eyes on?" I shook my head.

"To be 100% honest, I've never had a crush before. Every boy I've met just isn't "my type"... whatever my "type" is"

"No one? No one at all?"

"Nope"

"Not even... Kami?"

"What? No. I don't like him. He's one of my best friends. That would... That would be kinda weird... right?"

A few seconds after I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see Kami.

"hey y/n, I have a surprise for you" I looked at him confused but followed him to the prize table. "The dog please" the cashier nodded and picked it up. "Here" He handed me the big dog. "I saw you looking at this earlier..." I looked down at the floor and smiled. I could feel my heart rate increasing dramatically, and my stomach was starting to turn.

"Oh. wow... thanks. T-this was really sweet of you"

♡y/n's pov♡

♡8:57 at the l/n household♡

"Thanks for walking me to my parents house even though it's pretty far from the dorms. You know you didn't have too"

"Well I'm more than happy to walk you home, it's pretty late and I don't want anything bad to happen to you." I smiled and gave him a big hug before I walked up to my front door.

"By the way, thanks again for the dog. It was very thoughtful of you to think of me." I squeezed the dog tight and went into the house. For some reason I couldn't stop smiling.

"Why are you smiling like that?" Brendan asked me as he was standing at the door waiting for me to arrive.

Protective much?

I rolled my eyes.

"What? I just got home from being with my friends. Of course I'm going to be smiling"

"Yeah, but you never smile like... that" He did some sort of circular hand motivation in front of my face

"Brendan, I've never had friends to hang out with before"

"Yeah but still that smile is different from any you've ever had"

"What do you mean?"

"you're wearing this stupid smile" He eyes traveled down looking at the big dog I was holding

"whats that?" He pointed at the dog.

"oh this?" I held up the dog "Kami saw me looking at it before the group went to get food and then later that night he got it for me. I still need to name it... but I think it was really sweet of him to think of me"

"so that's it..." I looked at him with confusion "don't worry about it..."

Now I'm worrying about it

♡the next day♡

I was blinded by the sudden change in lighting. I grabbed onto my blankets and pulled them over my head

"NOOOOOO DON'T MAKE ME GO TO SCHOOL TODAY! I'M TIRED AND I WANT TO SLEEEEEEEP"

"Get your lazy ass up" I groaned as Brendan suddenly took out his phone and put on the sound of nails on a chalkboard, put it on my desk and exited the room. My desk was on the other side of my room so in order to stop the sound from playing, I had to get up.

"I hate you with a burning passion!"

"I know my Jewel!" Brendan yelled back from the end of the hallway

Damn, he tends to get more and more creative every day.

♡Brendan's pov♡

♡after school♡

"My Jewel, meet me at the school gate. I have something I need to do. real quick" I looked at y/n with a stern face.

"Do you need help? I bet I could help"

"No. Go meet me by the gate. I shouldn't take long" My eyes followed her as she nodded and obeyed my orders leaving the classroom. My eyes moved to a blonde boy. As he was about to walk out the door, I grabbed the back of his bag pulling him back. "Not so fast there" He looked at me in confusion. "I know you like my sister."

"I-I don't..."

"don't you lie to me, You like my sister. You and I both know it."

"O-okay..."

"I'm going to tell you this once... Stop staring at her. I know your kind of person and I don't want my baby sister talking to manwhores like you. She's not very well in touch with her emotions so I don't want her to think she has a crush on someone like you. So don't do anything remotely close to flirting with her. No winks, no pick up lines, no nothing. You know what, don't even talk to her. You're lucky I'm actually letting you be near her. If you do flirt or talk to her, I will find out and y/n respects me so if I tell her to stay away from you, she will. She doesn't have time for dating, she should be focusing on things that will impact her future like school, training, and hero work. And even if she were to date, I'd much rather have her date someone like Iida or Todoroki. Hell, I'd even prefer y/n to date Bakugo over you. they all have their faults but they're all scholastic and very powerful. I don't know if you know what that means since your brain barely functions. But that means that I want her to date someone academically smart unlike... whatever you are. Am I clear?! don't. talk. to her" he nodded his head with fear in his eyes. "Good" I walked out of the room and met y/n at the gate.

"what did you need to do?" y/n asked as we began to walk home

"don't worry about it" she gave me a confused look but didn't bother to say anything.