M's Knife

At this point, everyone is terrified. For themselves, for the others, for the unknown. There is no way anyone can predict what will happen next. They have started noticing a pattern, one person a day. That means within two weeks they'll all be dead. Everyone heads back to the sitting room to discuss what they should do next. "So the standing guard plan obviously didn't work, what now?" Bob says. "I know what you all should do now," the British voice appears from out of nowhere, "you should walk out of that room, go into the hallway then go into the door that's under the stairs." "Is this a trap?" Felix says, "It seems very trappish." "I assure you, you'll all come back up unharmed."

They follow her instructions to the door. Once they open it, they find stairs that lead down into a basement. The basement is the exact opposite of what they expected. They had anticipated a torture chamber, but this place looks more like a night club. Strip club actually considering all the poles everywhere. "What the hell?" Danny says walking up to one of the poles. An ominous laughter is heard over the intercom, "Go on, everybody pick a pole." "Minx, we are not pole dancing," Arin says, various agreements are heard. "You saw your first two examples, now dance," Minx's voice very serious. Everyone quickly picks a pole in front of the large mirror on the wall. Then, music begins to play. Mark goes first, "Let a pro handle this," he grabs the pole and flips his legs above his head. Everyone else in the room laughs at him. He doesn't care though, he hardly ever gets embarrassed.

Everyone else joins in. Soon, there are eight grown men pole dancing side by side. The laughter comes back over the intercom, "Dance as if your life depends on it, because it does." They all continue dancing, even though none of them are very good at it.

After what feels like forever, Minx finally comes back over the intercom, "Okay, you all can stop. You're all horrible. Now leave and don't come back down here." They all walked up the stairs, slowly and panting. It took quite a while for them all to catch their breath. When they finally did, the stayed stationary on the couch. "We should do something. If we're going to be here, we might as well at least try to have a little fun," Arin says. "I've got paper and pencils in my bag, we could play pictionary," Mark says. The men look at each other in agreement. "Okay, I'll be right back," and Mark heads up the stairs to his room.

"What exactly is pictionary?" Danny asks. "You don't know what pictionary is? How on earth do you not know-" Jordan's sentence is cut short by a bloodcurdling scream from upstairs. "Shit," Felix says as they all jump up and run up the stairs. Jordan is the first to make it through his door, "Mark!" he yells. Mark's laying on the floor. His hands on his stomach. His back facing the door. He's completely still. "Mark, are you okay?" Yami asks as he turns him over on his back. Then they all see it. The handle of a knife, the blade in Mark's stomach. Gasps come from everyone. "Okay, who knows what we should do?" Yami turns around and asks the crowd. "We need to take it out then clean it, and then we put a bandage on it," Bob says. "Is he even alive?" Wade asks. Yami presses his index and middle finger to Mark's neck, after several very suspenseful moments, he takes his fingers away. Then, he places his ear to Mark's chest.

He gets back up, "He's alive, but we have to move fast." Yami runs out into the hall and to the bathroom. He rummages through the cabinets for a bandage and something to clean the wound with. Once he finds what he needs, he rushes back to Mark's room. "You'll never make it, he'll be dead by the time you think you can save him," Minx says. Yami tries to put the thought from his brain. He knows he can save Mark.

When Yami returns, Danny and Arin managed to get the knife out. Jordan and Felix help Yami clean and dress the wound. When they put the final touches on the bandage, Mark's eyes begin to open. "Mark!" everyone yells in happiness and relief. "We're so glad you're okay," Danny says. "Dude, you almost died," Felix says, trying to lighten the mood by saying it in a joking tone. "Yea. Almost," Mark's words come out weak. They help him onto the bed, "Get some rest. You really need it," Jordan says as they turn to exit. Outside the door Yami brings up a valid point, "Maybe someone should stay here with him. After all, the reason he got stabbed is because he came up here alone." "I'll stay," Wade says as he walks back in the room, closing the door behind him.

The others return to the sitting room downstairs while Wade sits down on the bed next to Mark. "Hey, Mark. You probably should sleep."

"I'm in way too much pain to sleep right now."

"Just try."

Mark closes his eyes. It looks very forced. He's obviously in excruciating pain. "Hey, Mark."

"Yea?"

"Who did this to you?"

"It was M-" and he passed out.

M-? M- who? The murderer made quite a mistake by not making sure he was dead, now Mark knows who the killer is, but will he tell anyone?

Write in the comments who you think it is or any theories you have about the whole story, I love hearing them.

And as always, I will see you in the next chapter.

Bye Bye!