Read Into It

Mark sighs, "Wade, I really wish you would've brought that up before I was tied to a chair. But anyway, the memory is hazy. I remember going upstairs to my room and when I went over to my suitcase someone came out from behind the door and put something over my head. I didn't get a good look at their face but I could see through the bottom of whatever it was they put over my head. I saw black pants and shoes and something red. Then they stabbed me and I can't remember much after that." They all think for a second until Bob speaks up, "then we all ran up there. How'd they get out of that room without us seeing them?"

Silence fills the room. No one can quite explain it. "Maybe we should go look," Bob says. "But I saw him murder Jordan!" Arin yells as everyone begins untying Mark. "Arin, you're loosing it, man," Felix says.

They make their way up to Mark's room. "Okay so I was standing here and they were behind the door," Mark points out as they try to reenact the incident. "And what happened after they stabbed you?" Bob asks. Mark holds onto his stomach as if talking about the incident brings back the pain. "My vision went blurry and I fell to floor screaming. They lifted the thing off my head and I rolled to my side. I heard them running and I tried to turn to look at them but it hurt too bad. I did hear a sliding noise though, like something heavy sliding."

They begin investigating all large objects in the room. Yami and Felix move the dresser. Wade moves the desk. Arin sits angrily on the bed. Bob looks through the books on he bookshelf. "Bob, you're suppose to be searching not reading," Yami says. "Hey, I like books," Bob says as he pulls out a book titled The Theory of Murder. All of a sudden, the bookshelf begins sliding to the side. Bob takes a few steps backwards as his jaw drops in amazement as well as everyone else's. "I found it!" he says.

"Don't you dare go in there if you know what's good for you," the familiar voice hisses over the intercom. They exchange looks and mutually agreed they should listen to Minx. "What's in there?" Wade speaks up. "You don't need to know," Ohm takes the microphone away from Minx. "What are you gonna do about it? Come out here and kill us?" Arin mocks. "I wouldn't talk Arin, we've got something against you." The microphone can be heard moving.

"Heyyy guys," the voice causes Arin to start crying. The voice sound weak and very forced. "I'm okay here. We're all okay, no need to worry about anything." "Not Danny," Arin sobs. There's a long pause where all that's heard is Arin's crying. "Go down there! It's your only hope!" Danny yells. Arin instantaneously stops and perks up. Then there's a loud, bloodcurdling scream heard over the intercom. But that's not the only place it's heard. They hear it a half a second before they hear it over the speakers, coming from the pitch blackness they found behind the bookshelf. "Danny!" Arin calls into the darkness. He hears a faint "Arin," and he runs into abyss.