In The Darkness

"Arin no!" Mark yells as he runs in after him. As the others begin to follow, the bookshelf quickly closes back. Bob pulls on the same book, but nothing happens. Yami comes to a realization, "how are they going to get out?"

In the darkness, Arin and Mark feel around for anything. Finally, Mark feels a cool wall, "Over here. Follow the sound of my voice." Arin's footsteps can be heard. When Arin reaches Mark, he touches his arm but quickly pulls away. "I still think it's you," Arin mumbles under his breath. "It's not me," Mark insists.

They begin to walk, keeping a hand on the wall at all times. Arin insists on Mark going first because Arin doesn't trust him behind him.

After walking just a few steps, Mark almost falls down a flight of stairs. "Be careful, there's stairs here," Mark warns. Arin huffed, Mark knew he wish he would've fallen down them. All Mark wanted was someone to believe him. How was everyone so sure that he was the murderer? He hasn't done anything suspicious. He got stabbed, for God's sake. Do they think he stabbed himself just to prove his innocence? Why would everyone believe Arin anyway? His sanity level has slowly been going downhill ever since Danny went missing. Technically not missing, kidnapped.

Mark carefully begins the decent down the stairs. They don't know how many there are, could be 1 or could be 100. Off in the distance they see a tiny strip of light at the bottom. They remain cautious as they walk, but now they can see their destination.

When they reach it, they've found the end of the stairs. Arin lays down on the flat wood to see the light. Mark feels the walls nearby the line of light by the floor to see what he can find. Arin can't see anything but light. He's about to stand up when he sees a shadow move across. He watches as it walks past and out of sight. He quickly gets back to his feet, "I saw something in there," he whispers. Just then, Mark's hand finds something. He wraps his hand around the cool metal doorknob. Turning it, his mind goes to all the possibilities on what's on the other side of the door.

Back upstairs, Yami, Wade, Bob, and Felix all search for a way to get them out. After inspecting Mark's room, they come to the conclusion that there's another way out that's not in Mark's room. They decide to inspect the other rooms. They search the rest of the upstairs rooms with no luck. Downstairs, they go through the main room, sitting room, and kitchen with no luck. They begin going through the bedrooms. One by one, they are each eliminated until the final room on the left. Jack's.

Each room downstairs looks exactly like the one directly above it. The room above Jack's is Mark's. They go to the bookshelf first. Bob searches for a book that looks like the one upstairs. They come to find out, literally everything is a mirror of the room above it. "What was the book called, again?" Wade asks. "The Theory of Murder," Bob replies. They find the place where it was upstairs, but the spot is empty. Not even a spec of dust in its place.

 "Well there's no where left to look" Yami says. "Yes there is," Wade says as he exits Jack's room, without looking at anyone, and walks to the basement door. 

 Any final murderer ideas? The next chapter is hopefully where everything will start making sense. Anything you guys don't understand, put in the comments and I'll try to answer it in the next chapter.

Anyway, as always, I will see you in the next chapter.

Bye bye!