o n e

Third Person Limited Omniscient POV

//edited

There she stood, at the dimly lit music store, burying her head at her vintage looking diary-like book. She wore clothes that almost covered her entire body, making sure half of her face is still seen. No, she did not wear dark make-up or dark clothes.

This girl was...... Different.

She was neither popular nor nerd, hipster nor goth, emo nor geek, yet she was a straight A student, she had good fashion sense, she wore big, nerdy glasses at times, and she sat at the far corner in class, shielding herself from the world.

She was a mysterious girl, indeed.

Rumors? Oh there were many. If a person cannot find an answer to a problem, there will always be theories. In this case, they're rumors.

She's bad.

She's broken.

She has no one.

Those were most of the theories of these students, and it's so ironic since none of them wants to prove their points, but isn't that a human need? To prove another individual that they're correct?

Maybe she was too risky for them.

What lies behind her emotionless face?

What are her secrets?

What happened in her past?

Who will fix her?

No one knows... And no one ever cared. This is what sucks in this world.

Not everyone has someone to help them. Some people just have to accept the fact that they can't help everyone. There will always be that one person one cannot help. No matter how hard they try. This was the case of poor Ally Dawson.

No one helped her, and that poker face of hers remained.

Ally has been through so much, yet no one knew. They think of her as one those people who locks themselves in their room and cuts all day long, but frankly, she hasn't done any of that.

They must've thought that she was like that due to the style of her clothes in school, but her fashion sense was decent. It must've been because of her social status, but she was well-ignored in school. She wasn't bullied for sometimes, her mysteriousness even creeped bullies out. Then it must've been because of her lack of interaction.

People only believe something when you prove a point to them, but when you leave their questions unanswered, they will judge, just to feel better about themselves. They will stereotype, just so they can be sure that everything in this world has an explanation. They will be humans. Humans who can be merciless, and these people thought of Ally as hopeless, so they never cared about her.

----

Hours have passed and yet she remained in her somewhat comfortable position. It's almost closing time anyways. It's not like anyone would ever enter a terrifying looking music store just to merely buy an overpriced instrument.

Ally sighed as she saw that it was closing time. She knew that she had to leave her happy place with her book adorned with little drawings, scribbles and her deep , intricate thoughts plastered on.

She closed her diary and safely deposited in her bag. Just as when she was about to leave, she abruptly stopped.

She started humming a never heard of and unique melody that may have opened the door for her love for music that had been well- hidden in her head.

But she couldn't resist.

Old Ally may have been more evident in her now at this moment.

It won't hurt to look at that music room one more time, right? She thought to herself.

Without hesitation, she carefully dropped her bag under the stool and got her diary again and headed up to the storage room.

She quickly dashed upstairs and smiled before taking a deep breath and entering the room.

"It's been a while." She quietly whispered and plopped down on her seat admiring the room full of crowded instruments.

She walked by and faced her piano that was neatly covered by a blanket that was filled with dust and a few cobwebs, but that didn't bother Ally.

She blew a few of the dust particles off and slowly removed the blanket that was hiding the small, yet majestic musical playing instrument.

She opened the cover of the piano and let her fingers slide freely across it. The feeling it gave off to her was the best feeling she could ever feel.

It was perfect.

She gently sat on the cushion and positioned herself as she began playing out the melody that was stuck in her head.

"Lalalalalalalalalalalalalaa...."

After a while, she started adding lyrics to it.

"No matter where I go, there's no place like hhhoooommeeee..."

She smiled to herself, proud of the sudden lyrics that popped into her head. Maybe old Ally is starting to come back.

Her eyelids started getting heavier as she hummed lullingly slow, and before she knew it, she fell into a deep slumber.

_______________________________________________

Hi! Here's chapter 1 of my new story entitled, In Someone's Shadow ☺️. It's not much, but I'm a little more confident in this story than the previous one, Reflection, which i unpublished 😁.

This story started out with my thoughts as I was in school. I was trying to think of what I should write next in my stories when I wondered what would happen if a plot like this could happen. I actually feel inspired to write here whenever I feel 'emo' if that makes sense🙊.

So I really hope that you pickles would be enthusiastic and open when reading this fanfic. Thanks for all your support in my previous books that I'm still working on💕! xx

Disney_AustinandAlly