chapter 7

I walked into the common room to hear Draco going on and on about how Professor Moody would be hearing from his father.

The yule ball was in four days and I still didn't have a date yet. I hoped by now Draco would've asked me, but that ship sailed a long time ago.

"Are you okay now Draco?" I asked Draco while walking into the common room.

Draco shifted uncomfortably on the couch he was sitting in before adjusting his tie.

"Yes, for your information I am fine." Draco spoke confidently. I nodded at the boy , before getting interrupted by Blaise.

"It's time to get headed to dinner," Blaise stated standing up.

I smiled at Blaise , getting up from the couch. We started down the corridors to the great hall as Pansy bumped past first years who got in her way.

"Kimmie!" somebody yelled. I turned around to see who had called my name to see Cedric standing patiently in front of me.

Draco rolled his eyes at Cedric's presence , Pansy doing the same. I approached Cedric , flashing him a warm smile. Cedric's friends stood behind him , hyping him up for whatever he had to tell me.

"I was wondering if you would like to attend the ball with me?" Cedric asked nervously as his friends continued to cheer behind him.

Draco's mouth dropped at the words that just came out from Cedric's mouth. Like Sarah had said, it was his fault he hadn't asked me and it was too late now to change that.

"Of course!" I answered kindly. "It would be an honor."

Cedric smiled before turning around , back over to his friends. "See you around Cedric."

"Diggory?" Draco groaned as we approached the Great Hall. "Seriously?"

A tiny smirk found its away across my face. I was enjoying the reaction I had gotten from Draco.

"Why? Whats wrong with Cedric?" I asked , pretending to be oblivious to how Draco felt. Draco shook his head. "Whatever. It doesn't matter."

As entered the great hall and I decided to take a seat next to Draco. Once Pansy saw me do that , she decided to squeeze in between us.

"What exactly are you doing?" I spat as I shoved Pansy off me.

"Making sure you and Draco don't sit next to each other," she stated.

"You could've just told me to move and I would've gladly done that," I mumbled to myself as Pansy smiled back to Draco.

"Well it's not my fault everybody's in love with my boyfriend!" Pansy snapped back.

Boyfriend? Did she just say boyfriend? I instantly started to choke on air at the remark , feeling my hands become more sweaty.

"Boyfriend?" I blurted. Draco nodded towards me.

"You heard me. Boyfriend," Pansy spoke , empathizing the word boyfriend.

For the rest of dinner I watched Draco swat Pansy off of him. I stayed silent half the time other than when Blaise would start small conversations with me.

Usually my friends would walk me to the library but today I couldn't stand to look at them. I felt sick. Right when the words left Pansy's mouth I felt as if I needed to throw up.

Did Draco not feel the same about me? Was I that blind to not realize? Did he not like me that way? I ran off into the girls bathrooms. The tears I were holding were immediate let out.

"Kimmie?"

I instantly turned around to see who had called my name. It was Sarah. She gave me a quick glance , realizing I was crying , before bombarding me with a hug.

"It's Draco," I sobbed.

"Draco? What about him?" She asked me concerned.

"Pansy, Pansy and him are-" I couldn't finish my sentence. All I could do was cry. "What? Dating?" Sarah asked.

I broke away from the hug and looked up at her. "dating," I repeated.