Chapter 19

Soon the three month break from shifting soon became a year break. I turned 16. The time I took from shifting actually helped me. I became less attached to it and Sarah and I were even planning on shifting back soon.

Tonight I was hanging out with Jason. We had been hanging out for the past month , but weren't what you would call dating I guess you would say.

I still didn't like him in that way but I could tell he felt differently with me. I was trying to get myself to like somebody here that wasn't Draco but it was still hard for me. It was almost like Draco was the only one for me even though we were both in different universes.

"You look good today," Jason admitted , as I sat down in the chair across from him. We were eating dinner at the local Italian restaurant in our town.

"Thank you," I nodded. "You look good yourself."

The waitress took our order the moment we came in , so service was quick here. We began to eat our food.

"So , what are you doing later tonight?" I asked Jason politely.

He placed his fork down , looking as if he was excited to speak about what he was going to say next. "My friend's actually throwing a party. You could come with me?" He offered.

I smiled , but then remembered , Sarah and I were shifting back , and I wasn't going to push that aside. "I would but I'm actually going to Sarah's later."

"She can come too," Jason insisted , flashing me a warm smile. "With corona going around?" I questioned , unsure if he intentionally meant to party during a pandemic.

"It's not like a big party," he clarified. "A few people , wearing masks , nothing big."

I hesitated at the idea. "I mean I guess we could go but I won't be able to stay for long." Jason took a bite of his food , before looking back up at me.

"That's fine with me. I'll pick you and Sarah up at 8," Jason stated as a soft smile grew upon my lips.

~

We arrived to the party , but unlike the the plan we had agreed on , Jason had insisted on picking up our entire friend group , which included Annie.

Jason gave me semi similar vibes to Draco , although the two still had many differences and Annie radiated the same energy Pansy gave towards me.

"I thought you said this party would be small?" I glared towards Jason as we arrived to the house packed with kids. "It is small!" Jason laughed grabbing my hand.

This was not my ideal of small. I should've known what Jason meant by small. Over 60 people was definitely not small, and nobody was wearing a mask like he promised.

"Whatever," I spoke annoyed , rolling my eyes at the brunette as he smiled down back at me.

Jason had insisted throughout the party that I met all his friends. Of course I agreed, not wanting to be rude.

His friends were mostly drunk , screaming over the loud music , but in the end they were pretty nice.

"Come with me," Jason yelled over the music , taking my hand.

I followed Jason , my hand still in his , up to the house's rooftop. Stars twinkled above us as faint music played from inside the house.

"Why did you take me here?" I questioned , Jason looked down at me. "No reason," he's shrugged.

We both lay back on the rooftop , admiring the stars that shined onto us , above. This scenario did remind me of the time Draco and I had gone stargazing in the flower fields after curfew. I smiled at the thought of him , happy I was seeing him soon.

I looked up at Jason. Silence fell , the only sound was the faint background of the party. We stared at each other , both of us not sure what to say , before Jason pulled me by him , leaning in to kiss me.

I pulled away.

I couldn't get myself to kiss him , and I didn't understand why. I wasn't sure if I liked him or not and I couldn't see myself doing that to Draco. But then I remembered what Sarah had said. "Two different universes , don't confuse them."

"Is everything alright?" Jason asked concerned , not knowing what to do since I had pushed his kiss away. Before he could responded , I leaned over to him kissing him back.

I didn't know what to describe of how the kiss felt. I had the same feeling I had with Draco, I felt safe with him. All my worries went away when I kissed him, just like how I had felt when I was with Draco.

I backed away from the kiss with Jason. "I've always wanted to do that with you," Jason spoke , still smiling at me.