Chapter 9

Sarah and I strode around past curfew through the Corridors. Hermione has insisted she went to bed and at this point it was around 2 in the morning.

"So?" Sarah started looking up at me. I nodded in approval. "Take me back."And with that , the both of us shifted back.

~

"Kimmie?" Sarah whispered.

I rubbed my eyes , still adjusting to the mental drain I felt after I shifted. "I'm up," I yawned.

We were back. We were back in Sarah's bedroom again. Back in the wrong universe. The universe we didn't want to be in.

I sat up and glanced around for a moment. The two of us had been gone for months , but here it was only a few hours. Hardly any time had passed.

"I can't believe we did it," I remarked getting up.

Sarah scratched the back of her head. "Mean either. I hope they don't realize we're gone."

"I want to go back," I interrupted.

Sarah gave me a questionable look as if I were crazy. "Kimmie, we just got back. Literally."

I rolled my eyes at the girls comment.

"When are we going back?"I asked.

Sarah sighed. "Don't know, but soon."

We scripted for time to be different. 1 month in our desired reality would equal to 1 hour in our current reality.

While we were in our current reality we scripted 1 week to equal 1 hour in our desired reality. This way , this method we created would stop us from taking too long of a break. Both and Sarah and I were paranoid we would eventually forget our desired reality, and that was my worst fear. Forgetting.

"How about in two weeks we try again?" Sarah suggested. "

"14 hours," I mumbled.

"What?"

"14 hours," I repeated myself , stating the obvious. "We'll be gone for 14 hours there."

Before Sarah could reply , a soft knocking occurred the door. "Girls it's time to get up," the voice spoke calmly as the door opened.

It was Sarah's mom.

Sarah and I gave her a sympathetic look with our tired eyes. "You two are already up? What a surprise."

Sarah instantly got up from bed and urgently rushed into her mom , throwing her arms around her mother.

"What's this for?" Sarah's mom questioned , thrown back by the lack of appreciation from her daughter.

"I missed you," Sarah mumbled.

"Sweetie your dad will be here soon. Sarah , help your friend pack up." Sarah's mom smiled as Sarah broke away from the compassionate hug. Sarah nodded before Sarah's mom exited the room.

~

In school all I could think about was Hogwarts. I didn't want to sit in front of a computer screen all day on a zoom meeting. I wanted to be in Hogwarts learning magic.

I couldn't even focus on eating dinner. I didn't want to eat at my kitchen table. I wanted to eat in the great hall.

I couldn't focusing on going to sleep at night. I didn't want to fall asleep in my bed here. I wanted to fall asleep in my dorm room , listening to Pansy snore.

I hated seeing my sisters room most of all. All of her fake plastic wands and cloth robes. Her printed out acceptance letter and Draco Malfoy posters. That just reminded me that here , in this universe , all that doesn't exist. All it is , is pure fiction.

I'm just another basic muggle here where the closest thing I can do , is flip through some book pages or doze off to a screen.

Magic didn't exist here. Hogwarts didn't exist here. That perfect version of me didn't exist here. It was all fictional and I just couldn't wait to finally shift back.