Chapter 14

Since I scripted to forget the events that happened while I was here , Cedric's death was unexpected for me too.

I was still in shock about the whole situation. It was hard for me to get over his death , considering the last conversation we had was where we both admitted our feelings.

I moped to the Great Hall tiredly. I was not in the mood.

I took a seat next to Draco as Dumbledore gathered everyone's attention.

"Today we acknowledge a really terrible loss," Dumbledore started , getting up from his seat.

I didn't know if I could survive his speech without crying. Cedric's name never failed to make me cry since his death.

"Cedric Diggory was , as you all know, exceptionally hard working ,infinitely fair minded,and most importantly, a fierce, fierce friend," Dumbledore continued. "Now I think therefore you have the right to know exactly how he died." He hesitated before continuing. "Cedric Diggory was murdered."

Students began to let out gasps amongst themselves as I held back tears. My eyes became blurry as I tried to hold back my tears , but it was no use. Tears started to fall from my face as I cried silently. I felt Draco's hand on my leg as I tried to stop myself from crying even more.

"By lord Voldemort," Dumbledore continued.
Students flinched at Voldemort's name and others looked around in fear. "The Ministry of Magic does not wish me to tell you this!" Dumbledore yelled angrily.

I placed my head onto Draco's shoulder as he squeezed my hand tightly.

"-But not to do so I think would be an insult to his memory!" Dumbledore carried on. "Out of pain, we all feel a dreadful loss reminds me , reminds all of us , why we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one. In light of recent events the bonds of friendship we made this year will be more important than ever."

I smiled at what Dumbledore had just said as Draco continued to hold my hand.

"Remember that, Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain. You remember that. And we'll celebrate a boy who was kind and honest and brave, and true, right to the very end."

~

Later that night I didn't meet Harry , Ron , Hermione, or Sarah in the library. I was too miserable. I couldn't get over Cedric's death.

It hurt so much to comprehend he was dead.

I didn't want to admit he was gone and he wasn't coming back , but I still did.

People would approach me with sympathy but although they had good intentions , wishing me a 'sorry for your loss' their pity for me made it worse.

Those words reminded me that Cedric was gone. He was really gone and he wasn't coming back. Ever.

As I paced through the corridors , I past the library. I spotted my friends at our usual spot. I decided to give in and go see them , hoping to get my mind off of Cedric.

"Kimmie, you came," Ron spoke happily as he motioned for me to sit.

I didn't respond but rather took a seat next to Ron and Hermione.

Suddenly Pansy , Draco , and Blaise all walked into the library. What were they doing here? I shook my head , I didn't really care.

I heard muffled arguing between the trio who stood back by the entrance of the library. Blaise grabbed onto Pansy's hand but she broke away from his grip.

"Still crying over Diggory I see?" Pansy spat, walking over to me.

I wiped the tears under my eyes and turned around to see Pansy right in front me. Draco and Blaise were trying to pull her away but she was pushing them off.

"What do you want now?" I asked her. Why was she always out to get me?

"Isn't it pathetic you're crying over a Hufflepuff?" Pansy sneered.

I was so done with Pansy. I had enough of her rude words. It didn't bother me when she was rude to me like normal but bringing Cedric's death into this was too far.

I got up out of my seat , looking her straight in the eye. "Cedric will be more than you will ever be Parkinson." Pansy smirked at my reaction. "For sure."

"You know nothing , do you?" I spat. "If anyone is pathetic , you are."

Sarah tugged my arm , motioning for me to stop , as Blaise pulled Pansy away.

As Pansy , Blaise , and Draco exited the room , I sat down in my chair again , wiping the tears from my eyes.

"Pansy's childish. Don't listen to her," Harry assured me.

I nodded at him before slouching back down into my chair again. Right when things were getting better , Cedric had to go and die.