Chapter 33

Watching the stars was always a type of comfort feeling for me. It made me feel safer. It was an unexplainable feeling almost.

I sat in the flower fields outside of the castle. I snuck out past curfew , making sure Umrbidge wouldn't catch me.

The stars shone above me. I sat back, now laying down in the grass. It was peaceful out here. I was alone , with only myself and my thoughts. Nobody was here to interrupt me.

But why? Why couldn't I stay here forever? Why couldn't I have been born here instead? Why was I born into the wrong universe?

Here at Hogwarts , this was where I wanted to be. This was more of a home to me then my current reality would ever be.

I want to spend the rest of my life in this Universe , with Draco even. I don't want to keep shifting between realities. I don't want to go back. I want to stay here , but that can't happen.

Sarah didn't understand me. She wasn't the same as me. She didn't have the same experience with shifting. She wasn't as attached as I was.

Sarah still found hope in both universes. She didn't see our current reality as I did. We were completely different.

I looked up at the stars again.

Shifting here wasn't just a safe zone for me , or a temporary thing. Now that I shifted I couldn't just stop. It's a whole universe I'm apart of now. I've made memories and relationships with people. I'm a person here. I have a life here. It's not just something I can throw away.

But one day what if I forgot? What if one day I never came back? What if one day I stopped coming back?

I shook my head.

"Stop thinking that way Kimmie," I whispered to myself.

But I couldn't. It wasn't that easy.

I looked up at the stars. They were twinkling around in the sky. I sighed in confusion.

Here was like home to me. Here was far different from back in my current reality , which I refuse to ever call a home. Here , I was happy. Here , I felt important. Here , I was free.

But back there? There's nothing positive I can say. Back there , I was trapped. Back there , I wasn't happy. Back there , I wasn't here. And here was where I wanted to be.

"Kimmie?" A voice spoke.

My thoughts paused and I turned around. It was Draco.

"Draco?" I asked. "What are you doing here?"

Draco came up to me and sat down next to me.

"Well I could say the same for you," he shrugged.

I looked at him. Although at times we were universes apart , that couldn't stop me from loving him.

"What exactly are you doing out here?" Draco said looking around.

I continued to look up at the stars while speaking.

"I'm looking at the stars," I whispered.

"The stars?" Draco questioned.

"Uh huh," I nodded.

Draco looked up into the sky. I turned over at him. He looked confused.

"What's wrong?" Draco asked.

"Nothing," I laughed quietly. "You look confused."

Draco shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't get what we're supposed to be looking at," he said.

"The stars of course," I said rolling my eyes sarcastically. "What else would we be looking at?"

"But what's the point? There just stars?" Draco questioned.

"I like to look at them," I shrugged. "They help me think."

"Think?" Draco asked confused. "Think about what?"

I sighed.

"About stuff," I answered.

Draco looked at me again , but this time without a confused look.

I looked back at him.

"I love you," I told him.

This time it wasn't awkward as it was the previous time , since we've gotten past the phase of our first "I love you".

"I love you too," he said.

I put my head on his chest. I really loved him. I was too busy lost in the thought of "what if" I wasn't focusing on the present. This all was just a story never told.

I wasn't sure about anything. About what would happen next , or what was supposed to happen to me but I did know one thing.

I loved Draco Malfoy , and that was the only thing that mattered.