Chapter 30

"Kimmie!" I heard somebody whine.

I rolled over in bed. I was so tired.

"Wakeup!"

I opened my eyes and looked around. I was in my bedroom. I was back , I shifted back.

It was my first time actually being here for a long time but for the people here I was only gone a few days .

"It's Christmas!" I turned around to see my brother on top on my bed.

I immediately rolled over to check the time. I turned on my phone. It was 6:00 in the morning.

My little sister was waiting in the doorway and my younger brother was jumping on my bed.

"It's 6:00 in the morning!" I yelled. "Go back to bed!"

"But there's presents downstairs!" Both of my siblings yelled.

"Presents can wait!" I protested.

"But they can't wait!" My younger sister Abby whined. "We've been up since 4:00!"

"Fine!" I said giving in. "Are mom and dad even up?"

"No," they both giggled.

I slugged downstairs. I was not in the mood to be up this early in the morning. I was extremely tired since shifting always drained my energy for some reason.

My parents were surprisingly already downstairs. They must of woken up from the loud chaos caused upstairs by both of my siblings. They both were sitting on the couch drinking coffee. They looked equally as tired as I was.

I opened presents with my family and pretended to be excited for every new stuffed animal and coloring book my siblings received.

~

"I'll pick you up around 11:00?" My mom told me.

"Got it," I said closing the car door.

"Love you," my mom smiled. "Be safe."

My mom drove away as I started up to Jason's house. Like Sarah suggested , Jason , Sarah and I were spending Christmas together.

I spent half of the day with my family and the other half of the day was supposed to be with my friends. This was a regular tradition Sarah and I had always had but since we became closer with new people we decided to add Jason into our little tradition.

I rang the door bell. It was cold out. I stood on his doorstep awkwardly waiting for him to come answer.

I looked around. There was snow where grass once was , Christmas lights on every house , and dead trees.

I turned back to see Sarah opening the door. Jason was right behind her.

I smiled immediately at Sarah and Jason and walked inside.

"It's cold out," I said.

"No kidding," Jason joked. "It's winter."

I rolled my eyes sarcastically at Jason's joke. It was my first time seeing him since I shifted. I missed him.

"Merry Christmas," I smiled.

Jason , Sarah , and I joked around the entire night. It was a night well spent. It also helped prove to me that life here wasn't as bad as I made it out to be.

"You know, Jason isn't that bad," Sarah smirked. "I think he would be good for you."

"Uh huh," I nodded.

I didn't want to accept the fact that one day I was eventually going to have to like somebody back here. The thought of that made me feel guilty even though there was nothing to be guilty about.

I liked Draco. I couldn't picture myself with anybody other than him.

My mom pulled up to the curb Sarah and I were standing on.

"I'll call you when I get home," I said.

"Got you," Sarah said walking over to where her car was.

I walked up to the car door. I immediately rushed inside the car. It was nice and warm inside unlike outside where I was a complete ice-cube.

"Have fun?" My mom asked driving away from Jason's house.

I nodded my head.

The car ride home was silent. Not that it was awkward or anything like that but I just didn't feel like talking.

I was still comprehending the fact I was back. It felt so different being back. It felt weird knowing that all my friends back at Hogwarts were just fictional here.

My car pulled up into the driveway. I ran inside the house to see both my siblings and my dad all watching Christmas movies on Netflix.

I smiled at the thought of my family. I really missed them.

Sarah and I only came back for a day to celebrate Christmas here.

I had the sudden urge of guilt again.

I felt bad for leaving my life here all the time. My friends , my family , Jason even. They didn't know about Sarah and I leaving all the time which made me feel even more guilty.

I pushed the feeling of guilt away and walked upstairs to my room. I plopped down on my bed and kicked off my shoes.

My phone started to buzz. I lazily stretched across my bed for my phone. It was Sarah.

"Whoops," I joked tiredly. "I forgot to call."

"No kidding," Sarah laughed.

"Remember were shifting tonight," Sarah reminded me.

"I'll see you when I get there," I said.

"See you when I get there," Sarah replied.

-

Authors note :

I'm sorry this chapter was shorter than normal and bad . I've been busy and i'm trying to write more chapters ! thank you for 200 reads btw !