Chapter 3 "Just a coincidence"

??? POV:

Walking around Hyrule Field have always made me feel peaceful and at ease. I can't get enough of all this view even though the view from Hyrule Castle is breath taking too but here in the field it gives off a different kind of feeling unlike in the castle. Here it feels like the heavyweight on my shoulder have been lifted. Being in the royal family you need to protect your people, work hard and ensure their safety but sometime it can be a bit overwhelming but here I can rest my mind and let the surrounding sounds of nature wash over me. Even though they are always at least 2 guards following me around constantly I try not to let this ruin my mood so I just try to forget about them that they're there. The moment didn't last long though because in that moment someone was calling for help in the distant.

"somebody helps.... anyone" the sound was fainted but it still is a distress call. Rushing there immediately with the guards follow closely behind me. Upon arriving what unfold in front of me is truly a horrible sight. A rito fledgling on the ground an arrow lodge in one of its wings and a bokoblin readying its bow and arrow about to let it fly. With that my instinct kicks in without any hesitation. Running as fast as possible scooping the little rito up in my arms holding him close. The arrow barely missed us. The force of air that it brings with is scary. Immediately one of the guards take action aiming his arrow and shoot the bokoblin straight right through its head killing it in one fell swoop. Looking around to make sure that we are safe. Nothing dangerous was spotted on sight so we assume that we are safe for now. Looking down on to the limbless body on my hand. The fledgling seems to be unconscious and his breathing seem to be shallower and shallower with every second pass

"Guards!!" I said voice booming with authorities. The guards come to me. Bowing down waiting for my command.

"Take this fledgling to Hyrule Castle to get medical treatment immediately and make sure no more harm can get to him" as I finished my command, I pass the fledgling to one of the guards and with that the guards take actions running off to Hyrule Castle.

'poor thing. He almost met his demise. Good thing I come in just in time Before....' Shaking my head trying not to think about the horrible fate that might fall upon the rito. Looking down on where the fledgling was lying down feeling sorrowful for him.

'Where is his parents? The Rito live in Tabantha region in the middle of Lake Totori near Hebra region so how did this little one got lost so far away from home? And if He come so far away from his home How did he survive alone to reach this place? It's impossible for a fledgling to survive alone this long. He's still young and a long life ahead of him too. The wild can be scary sometime. I hope that he can at least recover from the damage both mentally and physically' while feeling sympathize for the little one something glistering light right to my eye making me flinch. Interrupting my thought for a bit. I look down to where the source of light come from. What I saw bring more question to the table, A rusty sword, Bokiblin horns and a bokoblin gut. All lay down near where the little fledgling was at. I crouch down to inspect the scene. With all the evidence on sight what I can conclude from it was that the little one manages to fight of some of the bokoblins from before which make my eyes wide in surprise.

'H-How can the little one fight back those monsters? The Rito anatomy from what I have learn is that they have hollow bone which make them easy to fly and glide through the wind so If they hold a heavy object it might cause harm to them especially to a young fledgling which can cause bone fracture so how? How can this little one manages to hold that sword, swing them and manage to kill the monsters? Did he push himself so he can survive? If his bone is broken from this early age, he might not be able to recover it resulting in that he can't fly any more but if there's no bone fracture it would mean that this little rito is Lucky? Strange? Weird? Strong? Courageous? I need to research more into this. For now, I need to keep a close eye on him in hope that he can fully recover and maybe finding his family too' as I finish my thought, I see the sun starting to go below the horizon. It's getting late. Stay out here at night is dangerous so I start returning to Hyrule Castle.

'May the Goddess protect you little one' was all I can mutter out

Avian POV:

'Am I dead?' that was the first thing that I think as I slowly feel the world coming back to me.

'Maybe I'm just dreaming but it feels so real though I thought I was a goner for sure' slowly open my eyes I was on some type of bed that is quite fluffy and soft or is that just my feathers? My vision is still blurry so I need to wait a bit to make my eyes adjust to the surrounding. Looking to the side I can see that I still have feathers all over me

'so, this is not a dream after all but how did I get here?' trying to make sense of my surrounding some more I can see that this room I am in have all the medical supplies all around the room

'I remember fighting a bokoblin, got shot real hard and someone save me. Well I'm thankful that someone come to save me I need to thank them later' I try to sit up. Suddenly pain shot through all my body making me make a loud grunting sound. I try to keep it in but it still escapes my beak. A moment later something or someone heard my hurting sound come up to me. She's a young hylian girl who have a very gentle and tender face. With blonde hair and blue eyes. She's wearing a royal blue garment as well.

"Please Don't move just yet your body is still healing from that incident" her voice is very sweet and gentle too but that face why do I feel like I know this girl from somewhere.

"Where am I?" I asked her coming out a bit too quiet because my strengths haven't return just yet.

"at the Medical bay in Hyrule Castle" She answered

'wait.... HYRULE CASTLE!!! What in the world am I getting myself into? This can't be just a coincidence, right?' she senses that I'm panicking in my own mind so she continues on and say

"Don't worry. My father and his men save you from near death. You need to stay here and recover for now." Making me ease up a bit.

'So, her father saves me from that bokoblin huh.... Well I'm glad that I'm still alive and not just ended up dead right away' before I could process all this information. The girl asked again

"C- Can I uhh.... See your wings please? I need to apply some Elixirs and bandage it up again." She said in a very polite tone. Me without saying anything just nodded my head and stretch my wing the one that got shot out for her. It still hurt trying to stretch it but I manage. She immediately unwrapping my old bandage and making swift motion taking care on my wounded wing like an expert but she makes one wrong move which is bandaging me back way to tight.

"Ow...." I cried out trying to bite back tears forming on my eyes.

"Sorry Sorry I'm so sorry" she apologized and immediately readjust my bandage.

"It's okay. Don't ruffle your feathers over it" forcing a smile for her. This make her calm down a bit. After all of this is done, she starts talking.

"Alright I'm finish tendered to your wound. Hope I didn't make you hurt that much" her voice seems a bit worried.

"thanks a lot for healing me and thank to your father too for well.... Saving me" I answered. Making her calm down and giggled a bit.

"no problem but you should rest now so the wound can heal." she explained

"sleep well." as she was about to leave, I couldn't resist my urge to know who she is because she acts very formal and more like adult although she's still a child. She's elegant and kind as well but aren't kids in this world and on Earth have the same kind of mindset like playing tags all day, don't like to learn (not me) and such and If I'm in Hyrule Castle shouldn't the one who take care of me should be a maid? I need to clear my suspicion so before she goes, I asked her

"Hey before you go. my name is N-... Avian. umm.... What's your name?" Almost blow my cover right away. I'm in a new world now so I need to hide my real identity. She looks at me for a bit, smile at me and then answered.

"Zelda" and with that she left the room.