13/11/2020

...Continues from yesterday

.

无悔的选择

The Unregretted Choice

by 我想去旅游

Original: https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5873703006?pn=1

..

.

.

Sesshomaru brought her to the grassy area where they experienced their night of passion. He wanted to hear it all from her lips. "Is it true?"

Rin stood with her back to him, her head moved to a light nod. "Yes."

Hearing the confirmation, he hugged her desperately from behind. "Why...I don't understand. That night..."

"It's because of that night," Rin cut him off hurriedly. "That I was able to affirm what I want. I regretted what we did. I'm sorry."

"You like him."

His voice was tinged with hurt and Rin held back her own pain as she replied, "Yes, very much!"

The young woman was very clear on who she was talking about. She forced calm onto herself, turned around and smiled at him. "This is better, right? Afterall humans are only fit to be with humans, and for a great youkai like Sesshomaru-sama, there should be a matching daiyoukai to accompany you throughout life up to a ripe old age."

"Indeed."

However, Sesshomaru did not tell her that he had relinquished his sovereignty. He informed his mother that he had renounced the inheritance of the West. The last three moons, he had single-handedly arranged everything. Yet now she......

All that no longer has meaning. "Does he treat you well?" He resigned to ask.

"Yes, very well." Rin bowed her head to avoid seeing his expression. She wouldn't be able to face him. She had hurt him afterall!

"I understand." He sat down. "Then, let's spend this last moment together. For just awhile, is that alright?"

In this moment, the sight of him was heartbreaking. Rin wanted nothing more than to leap forward and embrace his form. Forcing back tears instead, she just sat leaning on his shoulder.

---

The moon was already high in the sky. To the moon goddess, Rin wished solemnly for Sesshomaru-sama to have a lifetime of happiness and peace.

Suddenly, from the forest around them, glided in a great number of stars. She gazed in wonder and surprise as the stars flitted over. "Fireflies!"

Rin danced happily among the glowing creatures while the daiyoukai looked on with fondness. She was the only human being as beautiful as a celestial.

(On the other hand, it was taxing for Jaken, the one who had rounded these fireflies. "Ahhh, I'm so tired!")

The fireflies were extremely pretty, but they were unable to quell the feelings in Rin's heart. That night, she had but casually asked and he kept the promise. Rin watched the fireflies fly away one by one – a sight she would never ever forget.

She walked back to him. "Thank you, Sesshomaru-sama!"

Sesshomaru came to his feet and was already leaving. "This is the last time."

Unable to suppress it any longer, as his back left further and further away, her tears dripped from her cheeks to the ground and then into her heart. She would never see him again. His kindness, his warmth and his attentiveness would no longer belong to her.

"Sesshomaru-sama! Stay safe! Be happy!" She shouted after him with all her might.

---

He himself did not know why he did not just fly away, why when he smelt those bitter tears, the pain worsened in his heart. It is a fact that he must face that she no longer belonged to him.

"Hmph." He snorted.

Happiness, what is that? He never had it and did not need such foolishness.

T.B.C

Continues in next entry...

A/N: My birthday today. Time to be certain what I want to do with my life besides writing fics and wanting to help people >_<