Chapter 1 - Rebirth

As I jerked awake, I felt my hands and feet waving around. Sighing, I lied my limbs back down. Once again, I examined the now-familiar room. Dark shaded wallpaper, a lighter shaded roof and carpet, a toy mobile dangling above my head, and lumps (which I assumed were toys) that filled every corner of the room.

Once the small amount of hope in my reincarnation being a weird dream and not reality was crushed, I slumped in my crib. As much as I could, that is. It appeared that with my rebirth, I had lost subconscious control over my body. Sure, I could still move my body parts if I concentrated on the movement of my muscles hard enough, but as soon as I lost focus, whatever little amount of control I had would be gone.

Heaving another sigh (I seem to be sighing a lot, aren't I?), I pondered over my situation. Right now, as I had only been in this world for one week, there wasn't much information available. All that I had been able to gather from my mother was that my father's name is Poseidon. The rest of the stuff that she had said to me had all been baby talk.

There was also the fact that my eyesight hadn't fully developed yet, something that I can tell from how I couldn't see anything beyond my crib clearly, and that I can only see things in black, different shades of gray, and white. At least, I hope that's why I can't see the colors. Hopefully, I'm not colorblind this life.

I knew I wasn't in my old universe though. Unless there had been a secret society of people with powers back in my world, I doubted I would run into anyone that I know in my last life. Or, of course, there is the chance that I had misinterpreted what the warm ball of heat in my chest is. Could be a disease, for all I know. Once again, I tried to manipulate the warmth inside me, as I had done for the past week. It didn't move. Not an inch. I clenched my teeth - I mean gums - in frustration. If I kept failing to move the energy, how could I assure myself that it wasn't some heart or lung condition?

I took a deep breath and calmed down. Alright. I've got to think positively. Let's assume that the ball of warmth is a special power I have in this life. Now, what did the storybook protagonists do when they tried to use their new power(s)? Well... the majority of them had tried moving the energy they had in them bit by bit. Some had unraveled theirs, while others had simply tugged at their cores to circulate the energy around their bodies. There had also been scenarios where they managed to absorb outside energy into their bodies. 

But which method should I use?

A.N.: Hi reader(s); please comment on the name selection. If there no comments when I update again, I will be using the name Rhea for our protagonist. 

Also, here is the second question: What method do you want her to use? Please comment on the method that you like.

Moving bit by bit (circulation)

Unraveling (circulation)

Absorbing (purification)

Once more, feel free to comment if there are any mistakes in my writing.

Thanks.