Chapter 3 - Meeting Dad

...a black silhouette. "Hello, my son," he said, in a lowered voice. 'Wait. What? Excuse me, but first of all, I'm a girl. Second, you're my father?' I protested. In my head. What came out of my mouth was: "Ah! Blah! Bleugh! Ahblaaah! Eh?"

My face heated up as my 'father' started chuckling at the noises that I made. I turned my head to the side, ignoring him.

"Hey, come on, Perseus, I'm sorry I laughed, alright?"

I froze. My father's name is Poseidon. He basically radiated power. Appeared without alarming mother. Thought that I was a boy. And called me Perseus. I'm in the Percy Jackson series?! But then why am I a girl? Maybe this is some sort of alternate universe?

As I was pondering on my thoughts, my father had walked up to my crib. He frowned slightly as he saw my clothes were pink. "Why did Lily give you pink clothes?" Yep. Definitely alternate universe. Percy's mum had been Sally after all. He then proceeded to conjure up a set of blue baby clothes - more proof that he wasn't human - and was about to change me when a surprised voice rang out from the open doorway.

"Poseidon? I thought you couldn't come?" My mother appeared outside my bedroom, confirming that this man - or should I say god - was my father. "Why are you changing Rhea's clothes?" She asked as she spotted the clothes dangling from his hands.

He furrowed his brows further. "Rhea? I thought we decided on Perseus?" My mother blinked, then chuckled.

"Right, I forgot to tell you." She paused. "Rhea turned out to be a girl!" Mother started laughing at the shocked look on my father's face. I guess you don't see a Big Three God surprised very often, now do you? He glanced back and forth between me and my mother, hope growing in his eyes.

"I... finally have a daughter?" He whispered, as if afraid this was a dream.

"Yes." My mother beamed at him, then walked over to the drawer next to the crib, and pulled out a sheet of paper. She cleared her throat. "Rhea Potter. Daughter of Lily Potter née Evans and Poseidon. Born on the 31st of July, 1980." She looked at him, smiling. "You finally have the daughter you always wanted. I decided to name her Rhea, after your mother."

While I froze once again at my mother's full name, my father started to chuckle, which later turned into roaring laughter. "Oh Olympus, I have a daughter! An actual daughter!" He spun around, quickly picking me up, scanning me from head to toe, smiling from ear to ear. He shined so brightly that I could have mistaken him for Apollo! And that's saying a lot. After all, he's the embodiment of the sun.

"Oh, little one, just wait for you to meet your aunt Hestia! And for me to show you Atlantis, and Olympus! I bet you would annoy Zeus to Hades and bac-"

He stopped mid-word, face darkening, as we - father and I - were suddenly enveloped in a beam of bright light. Just before the room vanished around us, he cursed: "Styx! I should have remembered not to mention their names!"

A.N.: Hi everyone; as you may have guessed, they have been flashed to Olympus by Zeus. Also, yes, Lilly is still a Potter. There is an explanation for this, which would probably be mentioned later in the story. And don't worry, she didn't cheat on James.

Here's the question: do you want the Gods to like Rhea immediately? Or for them to put her under surveillance, and to have Rhea win them over slowly? Please comment!

Again, thanks for reading.

P.S.: Since there were no comments, I decided to use the name Rhea.