Chapter 4 - Olympus

I blinked as the light died back down around us, revealing a completely new environment. It was... big. Actually, more like enormous. Giant pillars rose from the floor, holding up the roof. Torches the size of adults flickered on the walls. Huge thrones stood in a semicircle, and on those thrones sat... giants? No. Not giants. Gods.

I squeaked a little as my father suddenly grew in size, accidentally drawing attention to me. Or, what they could see of me, anyhow, as currently I was held in my father's hand.

"Poseidon!" The mid-aged grumpy God sitting on the middle throne boomed. "Why is it that you have broken the oath?" Huh. So they have already sworn the oath.

My father, Poseidon, glared right back at him. "You talk as if you haven't, brother." As soon as his voice died down a third God wearing black robes started shouting.

"How dare you two! I was forced into swearing the oath with you because I wasn't trustworthy apparently, and yet now you two tell me that you have broken it?" Well, I guess that was Hades then. Which means the grumpy God is Zeus.

A Goddess spoke up: "Men! Spawning children everywhere. I bet that little brat you're holding is going to be just like the average pigheaded male!" She spat. From how she spoke, I immediately assumed that she is Artemis. I mean, which other goddess hates men so much?

"Well, Artemis, she is a girl. And her name is Rhea." Poseidon said smugly as the whole room erupted with shouting.

"You finally have a daughter? Congratulations!"

"We must kill her! She's a threat to my - I mean our - rule!"

"Congrats, uncle P!"

"Ohh, I can't wait to plan her love life!"

"Snore..."

"Huh. I guess she might not be that bad then."

"She needs to eat cereal!"

"Hello? Yes, this is Hermes Delivery Service..."

"Whatever!"

"Can the girly fight?"

"Is she remotely intelligent?"

"Can you all just shut up... robots are so much easier to get along with..."

"Just all shut up already!"

Everyone quietened at the last shout made by Hera. Huh. Well, I guess Hera holds more power over the council than I had thought. "Now," she continued, "Poseidon, may you show us your daughter?"

My father smiled, and stretched out his hands, presenting me to the Gods.

"Oh, my Gods! She's so cute! Can I keep her?" I shrank slightly under the sparkling eyes of Aphrodite. Please don't give me to her, please don't. To my relief, my father shook his head. Aphrodite pouted. "At least let me bless her then?"

Poseidon hesitated, but she had already got into action. Flashing behind my father, she quickly planted a kiss on my forehead. I shone a soft pink light for a brief second and felt a wave of warmth wash over my body. I looked around the room and saw everyone staring at me. Well, it's either me or my dad's torso. Which would just be weird. But why were they staring at me?

 A.N.: Hi people; sorry for not updating sooner. As there were no comments, I have decided, with the help and input of @JqAOTfan that the Gods will have different opinions on her. for example, Hestia and Aphrodite will like her right away, Athena will observe, Zeus would immensely dislike her (at first), etc.

Thanks for reading.