Chapter 9 - Decision

As I continued to cry for mum, father gently rocked me, making soothing sounds. "Shhh. It's alright now, little one. He is gone now. And I'm sure your uncle Hades will let you visit Lily in Elysium. Right?". Poseidon directed the last sentence towards Hades. Hades nodded, resigned.

"Fine. But tell me before you visit. Or else, if you go barging into my domain, I will kick you out.". With the promise of future visits to Mother, I gradually calmed down, though small hiccups still shook my body once in a while.

My father then turned his pleading gaze to his other brother. "Please Zeus. Let me raise my daughter in Atlantis. Just this once. Please.". Zeus shook his head.

"No, your child shouldn't have existed in the first place. I will not make any more concessions about her. She will have to go and live with whoever that the mortals place her with." as soon as he finished speaking, he received glares from Hestia, Aphrodite, and Demeter, while my dad started radiating sadness.

"I refuse for Rhea to be put under the watch of mortals. Who knows what they will feed her. They might not give her any cereal to eat!" Demeter exclaimed. Hestia followed up.

"Please, brother," she pleaded gently, "Rhea is Poseidon's first daughter. and he is the only caring family that Rhea has left anymore.".

Aphrodite huffed. "I refuse for Rhea to be given to the mortals too. What if they don't teach her how to properly dress and put on makeup! Oh, the horror." she shuddered. My father didn't say anything, but he gave Zeus his ultra sad baby seal eyes, and from Aphrodites squeals, it worked.

Zeus sighed. "Fine! Poseidon, you still aren't allowed to raise her. But you are allowed to visit and watch over her, as long as you don't reveal who you are. Now get back to Olympus, no excuses. We are going to hold a council on our," he paused. "father."

He then proceeded to flash out, followed by the other Gods and Goddesses, as dad shielded my eyes using his hands. After they all left, he gently laid me back down into the rubble, before smiling sadly and turning into a shower of sea mist. "Goodbye, for now, daughter." I heard a faint whisper as the vapor faded away, leaving a small blue bracelet around my wrist.

Moments later, I heard giant footsteps walking up to me, slightly shaking the ground. The person - who I soon recognized as Hagrid - gasped as he saw my mother's body, lying protectively in front of me. He then spotted me and picked me up, wrapping me in my blanket that he had found somewhere. 

"Oh, yer poor child..." Hagrid sniffled, droplets of tears running down his cheeks. He glancing around the rubble once more. "Poor Lily an' James. Th-they were such nice people. I'm sorry fer yer los'." he said, looking back down at me, sniffed again, then pulled out a giant piece of cloth and blew his nose with his free hand. It really did sound like a trumpet.

Suddenly, we heard a loud engine, getting nearer and nearer. Hagrid looked up just in time to see Sirius land with his motorbike and jump off. "Hagrid? What happened? Why is the house-" he spotted Lily's body and a look of horror and fear crossed his face. "No. No. NO!" he frantically scanned the rubble, trying to find his best friend. 

"H-hagrid? This is just a prank, right? Right?" he laughed shakily, running a trembling hand through his hair. "James, you can come out now. You got me, okay? J-just come out. Please!" Sirius rambled, trying to convince himself that his best friend isn't dead.

Hagrid looked at him sadly. "I'm sorry, Sirius. They di'n't survive."