Chapter 10 - Sirius

It seems like Hagrid's words were the final straw for Sirius. He had, after finally realizing that his friends were dead, (well dad isn't really dead, but he isn't allowed to stay here) crumpled to the floor, hugging his head.

"No, no, no, no..." he muttered to himself, rocking back and force. I let out a sympathetic sigh. After all, his actions of making Peter the secret keeper had indirectly caused his best friend's 'death'. Which meant, according to his personality, that he would be blaming himself.

Hagrid walked over and patted Sirius' back, nearly flattening him. "I'm sorry. But do yer know 'ow...  'e had gotten in? He... couldn' 'ave been strong enou' ter break a fidelius, righ'?" his words made Sirius come to a halt. 

"Peter." he spat out the name like it was poison. Sirius' eyes blazed with fury, having realized who the traitor was. "How DARE he! James and Lily treated him like FAMILY! And that's how he repays them for their kindness?" 

His voice quietened towards the end, which scared me more than he would have if he had continued to shout. A savage glint crossed Sirius' eyes. "He. Is. Going. To. PAY." he stood up, getting ready to apparate. 

"No! Paddy!" I wailed, attracting their attention to me. 

His eyes softened. "Shhhh... it's alright, Fawn. I'll be right back after I catch the rat, okay?" he whispered, patting my head. I immediately grabbed his hand and refused to let go. Sirius huffed, growing impatient. "Come on Prongslet. I have to go and catch Peter!" 

I pulled the baby seal eyes card on him. "Pwease don't gwo Paddy." I said, making my eyes water a bit. Which wasn't that hard, considering I had just lost my parents. "Pwease Paddy... I don't wan' you to leave too."

 I know it wasn't very fair for me to pull the 'I only have you now' card, but no way in Tartarus am I letting him go to Azkaban for a crime that he never committed in the first place. Sirius' resolve visibly weakened, as he heard me plead for him to stay. "This...-" he was interrupted as we heard sirens coming from a distance.

"Bloody 'ell!" Hagrid said. "The muggles are 'ere. Sirius, can we go with yer on yer bike? Yer know... I can't apparate..." Sirius sighed and ran his free hand through his hair, seeing that he couldn't really leave me and Hagrid alone. 

"Alright then. Fawn, you can let go now. I won't run off, okay? Hagrid, sit behind me, and make sure not to drop Rhea." I grinned, happy now that Sirius won't be thrown to the dementors. Hagrid quickly got onto the motorbike after Sirius cast an extension charm on the seat. After making sure that Hagrid was ready, Sirius stepped on the pedal and the motorbike took off.

And not a moment too soon, it seems, as moments after we left, the police arrived at the wreckage. I let out a yawn, and, due to all the stress that I experienced this night, promptly passed out.

A.N.: Hi guys; in case anyone was wondering, Snape didn't show up because he only cried over Lily's body in the movie, and not the original book.