Part 8

"I'm good with kids." He spoke. His voice was deep and nice. He had a hint of a little accent, like he was from North Carolina. I didn't respond, I just gave him a nice smile. "You like him don't ya Erik?" I asked. He giggled as he nodded his head like a dork. "He's yours?" He asked.

"Yeah, well he's my little brother." I said.

"How nice, your sissy is spending a day with you!" He said in a cute voice as he ticked Erik. Erik laughed as he tickled him. I smiled and I heard my name get called behind me. I jump and I turn around to see the guy holding my coffee and sandwhiches. I sighed in relief and I walked towards the guy.

"Thank you." I smiled as I grabbed it.

"So, y/n, what are you doing on a day like this?" The guy smiled as his blue eyes met my eyes. You gave him a small grin, recognizing that he listened when your name was called.

"Well, nothing really, I'm just heading out, just getting fresh air." I said as I grabbed Erik's hand.

"Bad day?" He said.

"Yeah." I said. I moved my hair from my face and I looked down at him to see his eyes widen. I forgot that I covered my bruise with my hair. My eyes widened and I put my hair back in the same spot.

"It was nice of you to keep Erik busy, not many people do that for me." I said as Erik got off his seat.

"Your welcome." He smiled. You could tell he was struggling with wanting to ask you what happened to your face. You were glad he never asked.

"Goodbye." I smiled as me and Erik walked away. Erik waved at him as we walked past him.

"I'm Nash by the way." He said as he got up. I turned around as my hand was on the handle.

"Nice to meet you." I smiled and I turned around and I left the cafe. I didn't want to keep a long conversation with Nash because I knew Jason would be up since it was already 9:00 am. Me and Erik walked cross the street and I found another alley to stay at.

"You tired Erik?" I asked. He nodded his head after we ate our sand whiches.

"Let's rest." I said. He crawled on my lap and we both fell asleep.