Chapter 6

"Achoo!" I sneeze into my shirt.

"I can't believe we're sick." Tsukishima mutters, annoyed.

"It's your fault." I say, rubbing my temples.

It's Saturday, and both Tsukishima and I have a cold from yesterday. It didn't hit me until I got home, so I texted him angrily saying that he owes me medicine.

Much to my surprise he texted me to come over today and get it, but when I arrived Akiteru insisted that I stay.

"I'm making miso soup for Kei! You should have some as well since you're both sick." Is what he said.

"Let's watch the videos now." He turns on the TV in the living room and searches through YouTube.

"Who are we going to watch?" I ask, pulling the blanket he provided to me closer around my body.

"Let's watch the National team play. They're good right? Maybe it will give us inspiration." He types that into the search bar and scrolls through the videos, choosing the most recent one.

Akiteru brings us both a bowl of soup and sits down with us on the opposite couch. We all sit quietly, eating and watching the team play.

They're seriously amazing. I wish I could play as well as they do. The amount of practice and effort they must have put into the sport amazes me.

Tsukishima flips through both the men's and women's team, without even asking. I feel like he only does that since I'm here, and I can't help but smile to myself.

"So? Feel inspired?" Akiteru looks at both of us as the 5th video ends.

"I feel more inspired to learn how to cook after eating your soup." I say, and we both laugh. I see Tsukishima gives me a weird look but I just shake it off.

"Aw, maybe if Kei invited you over more then I'll cook lots of food for you two." He grins.

I look over at Tsukishima and lean over to the other side of the couch, poking his shoulder.

"How about it Blondie-Kun? Why don't you invite me over more?" I laugh, sitting back in my seat.

"No, you just want a free meal." He sets his bowl on the table in front of us, which is only half eaten.

"That's not true." I dramatically gasp, but I can't keep the smile off my face. "I enjoy being in your presence, more than I like your brother's food." This, is of course, a complete lie. 100%.

"Yeah, sure." He scoffs.

You would think, after you make out with someone, you'd be a little nicer to them. Maybe flirt with them, make them feel special. A small part of me wished that would happen when I came over.

But I was hit with the harsh reality of remembering just who Tsukishima Kei is. Meanie.

"Kei I think it's really nice that you-"

"I don't care." Tsukishima cuts his brother off. "You know what? Actually, Gaijin, you need to go." He stands up and I look at him confused.

"Now." He demands.

"Kei, what is wrong with you?" Akiteru looks at his brother, astonished.

"Get out of my house." He glares at me.

"What the heck did I do?" I stare at him, wide eyed. I take the blanket off me and start to stand up but Tsukishima grabs my arm roughly, his hold on me tight, and yanks me up, almost making me fall. I look up at him, scared.

"Kei! Stop it." Akiteru stands up and pushes his brother off of me. "Dude, you need to calm down. I don't know what the hell happened to make you this mad, but you never lay your hands on someone like that. Please, go cool off in your room or something."