Chapter 12

(IM WRITING THIS ON KUROO DAY EVERYONE. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BBY)

"What?" I raise my eyebrows, looking at Tsukishima like he's crazy.

"I said," he rolls his eyes. "let's eat lunch together today in the cafeteria."

I still don't think I'm hearing him correctly. I dart my eyes to Yamaguchi and he shrugs his shoulders.

"Me?" I point at myself.

"I'm not going to ask you for the 3rd time. My brother made us lunch." He extends a bento box Akiteru prepared towards me.

"You're being weird today. Why the cafeteria?" I mumble, taking the box from him. He huffs out a breath and starts walking with Yamaguchi.

Looking down at the bento, my mouth waters. I run to catch up with them and loop my arm with Tsukishima's. He looks down at me, his expression one of questioning, but he doesn't move.

We find an empty table and sit down, Yamaguchi and Tsukishima on one side, me on the other.

"Yamaguchi, let's share my lunch." Tsukishima says, placing his food between them.

"Okay Tsukki!" Yamaguchi looks at his friend excitedly.

"Sumicchi!" I hear and turn around. Nishinoya is coming towards me, dragging a scared looking Asahi behind him.

"Oh, hi Noya-San. Asahi-Senpai." I wave.

"Sumicchi." Noya sticks his nose up and crosses his arms.

"Noya, this isn't...it's not necessary..." Asahi sulks.

"Yes it is. I can't lead her on anymore." Noya grabs a fistful of his shirt where his heart would be. "Sumicchi, I cannot be your lover. Tsukishima told the team what actually happened with the picture and everything before he went running off to find you, so everything is good with that." He explains and Tsukishima glares at him.

"I didn't run off to find he-" Tsukishima starts but Noya cuts him off.

"As I was saying." Noya grabs Asahi's shirt, pulling him so he leans over the shorter boy's shoulder. "I love this man. So I can no longer have feelings for you, and I suggest you stop having feelings for me." He points at Asahi when he mentions the person he loves.

"Nishinoya-San." Tsukishima grits his teeth. "She doesn't have feelings for you."

"Ah, Tsukishima-Kun. You know nothing about love because you're grouchy all the time." Nishinoya waves him off.

I stifle my laughter and look at Asahi who's giving me an apologetic look. I figure that Noya won't stop until I go along with it so I stand up and bow to him.

"Nishinoya-Kun, I understand. I hope you're happy without me." I stand up, but can no longer contain my laughter.

"Wow, she's so strong." Noya looks up at me in amazement. He reaches up and pats my shoulder.

"It's okay, you'll meet someone soon." He gives me an apologetic smile before walking away, once again dragging his ace with him.

I sit back down and giggle.

"There was nothing funny about that." Tsukishima sucks his teeth. I look up at him and he looks irritated.

"Aw, is someone jealous?" I tease.

"Of course not." He huffs. "You don't even like him like that...right?" He leans forward, narrowing his eyes at me.

"No, I like someone else." I shrug, opening the bento and taking a bite of the rice. Akiteru made tonkatsu over rice, cut up fruit, and a salad. I look over at what Tsukishima has and it's different. He's eating fish over rice, an assortment of vegetables, and a slice of cake.