Chapter 18

"How did you get here? What are you doing here? I missed you! Why didn't you tell me you were coming to Japan?" I ramble off in English, holding onto the boys arms when I pull away from the hug.

"So many questions." He laughs. "Though I can't blame you. I came by plane, I'm currently talking to you, I also missed you a ton, and I didn't tell you because it was sort of a last minute thing. I won't be here for long. I had no idea I was going to run into you." He looks at me in amusement and I smack his arm due to his sarcastic answers.

"I'm so happy you're here. How long is not long? Let's hang out some time this week! I'm on break from school until Monday." I say excitedly.

"I'm only here for a few days. I can hang out with you tomorrow? That's the only free day I have." He chuckles as I nod excitedly.

"That works." I grin, letting go of him. I turn around and grab Tsukishima. He wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me close to him.

"Axel, this is Tsukishima Kei. You can just call him Tsukishima." I tell my friend in English before looking over at the tall blonde who I could tell is very irritated. "Blondie-Kun, this is my best friend Axel. We met in America. He doesn't know any Japanese so if you can speak English to him that'd be nice. Or I can just translate." I offer, putting a hand on his back.

"Tell him I'm your boyfriend." Tsukishima looks down at me, and my eyes widen in shock.

"Huh? But you're not." I tilt my head, a slow smirk coming over my face. "Are you jealous?" I tease, poking his side.

"If you won't tell him, I will. I've been practicing English so I know how to say it." He narrows his eyes at me before looking at my friend. "Hey, Axel. She is my girlfriend. Nice to meet you." Tsukishima says, pointing at me. Why does he lowkey sound kind of hot when he talks in English?

"Oh, seriously?" Axel's eyes brighten. "Nice to meet you too, Tsukishima." He holds a hand out to him, and Tsukishima wearily shakes it, eyeing the boy.

"Hmph." Tsukishima huffs.

"Anyways, Kat, I was just passing by and I saw you so I had to come in. I have to run now, it was so nice seeing you. I'll hit you up on Instagram later tonight and we can talk about where we'll meet tomorrow?" He asks and I peel myself out of Tsukishima's hold.

"Sure, let me know what time works best for you." I smile, giving him one last hug.

"Alright, bye bye!" He waves as he rushes out the boba shop. Just then, I hear our order being called.

We grab our drinks and walk out, giving the ones we bought for David and Adam to them.

"I don't like him." Tsukishima says as we walk down the sidewalk.

"What? Why?" I frown. "That's my best friend."

"Why is he so touchy?" Tsukishima asks, looking at me from the corner of his eye.

"Hugs are common in America. That's usually how you greet someone you know. Family, close friends, sometimes even people you meet for the first time if the two of you are comfortable with it. It's different than it is here." I chuckle.

"I don't like him." He repeats and I roll my eyes, laughing.

"Of course you don't."

We walk around for a few hours, going through different stores and buying a few things we like. I ended up forcing him to get more matching clothes. He gave up when I said I would come back and buy them if I can't buy them right then and there. After that we roam the streets, trying a bunch of different street food options.