Chapter 15

I wake up to a bunch of missed calls from my parents and Akiteru. I don't have any from Tsukishima, but a do have a few text messages from him.

I decide to call back my parents first, talking to them for the next hour. Then I call Akiteru back, and he tells me Tsukishima told him what happened and was just wondering if I'm okay and if I need anything to let him know. I'm not sure how Tsukishima found out, I doubt the police would tell him. I open the text messages from him. They read:

Blondie 🥸🦖
9:57pm
Are you okay? What happened?

10:05pm
Nvm, I asked the clerk since you're not answering.

10:10pm
I don't want to blow up your phone but I just want to know how you're doing? I called my brother, he asked if you need anything.

10:45pm
Okay, maybe you're sleeping. This is my final text, I just wanted to let you know that I won't see you for a while. Stay safe okay?

I scroll through the messages, furrowing my eyebrows. I quickly text back

7:43am
What do you mean?

We're on break for two weeks, maybe his family is going on a vacation? My phone dings a few minutes later and I quickly open the text.

Blondie 🥸🦖
7:46am
I'm at a training camp. I'll call you later? Good morning.

Training camp? Why didn't he tell me? If he was going to be leaving he should of at least spent the last day being nice.

I sigh, responding back.

7:46am
Good morning. Okay, FaceTime?

Blondie 🥸🦖
7:46am
Maybe, if I can find a quiet place. I have to go now.

I read the text and smile to myself, I wish I can watch him play. Training camps are a lot of fun, I went to a few when I was staying in America and I got to meet a lot of really cool people. Though, they were all from the same school district as me so it was fun playing against them.

What am I supposed to do by myself all day? I'm extremely bored. I grab my phone, scrolling through my social media for a few hours before I decide that I need to do something productive.

I groan, standing up. Today will be a self care day, I feel like I've definitely earned it. I get into the shower, wash my hair, do two different hair treatments, then exfoliate and shave my entire body. I quickly do my skin care routine, and when I'm done I plug the bath and light some candles around my bathroom. I add peppermint essential oils, and sea salt.

A bath after a shower is very much needed so you're not sitting in your own dirt the entire time.

I get back into the bath and turn on my Spotify playlist, putting a sheet mask on my face. I sigh as I relax in the warm water.

I want to stay in here forever.

I tie my hair up, sitting for about 15 minutes before my phone starts to ring. I dry my hands and take off my sheet mask when I read Tsukishima's nickname pop up on the screen. I excitedly click the accept button, eager to talk to someone.

But when I answer, the person on the other side of the phone isn't Tsukishima. It's some emo looking guy with weird hair- bed head? I'm not sure, but it's definitely not who I was expecting. I adjust the phone so you can only see from my chin up, and frown.

"Ah, so you're Tsukishima's little girlfriend?" He grins and I see him raise the phone up high.

"Kuroo-San, she's not my girlfriend, please give me my phone back." I hear Tsukishima's voice, sounding annoyed.