Chapter 24

A week. It's been a week since the last time Tsukishima or I have been able to go to each other's houses. If I knew that it would have been the last time we'd spend the night with each other, I would have given him more kisses.

"Walk slower." I whine as we walk out of the gym, he just got done practicing.

"Why?" He frowns and I cross my arms.

"Because I want to spend as much time with you as I can." This week, has also brought us a lot of ups and downs. Tsukishima has been moodier, and I've been losing my patience.

But we're still trying to make it work.

"Don't be a baby." He reprimands and I roll my eyes. "We see each other at school."

"Yes, and the only time we can talk is before school, at lunch, and during this time from when we walk from the gym, to the front of the school. In total, that's less than an hour." He glances over at me as I speak and sighs.

"You forget that we can text each other when we're home." He looks forward again.

"I don't want to text you. I want to see you." I pout, linking my arm through his.

"That's because you're so fucking clingy." He says rudely, and both of us stop walking at that. I let my arm fall to my side again and look up at him.

"Right." I nod, annoyed. "God, forbid I actually want to see my boyfriend." I say, sarcasm lacing my words. He groans, rubbing his eyes underneath his glasses.

"I didn't me-"

"Mean it?" I cut him off, raising an eyebrow at him. "Yeah, that's been your favorite phrase lately. I hear it at least 3 times a day."

"You know I'm just stressed out right now. With the party planning and I'm doing extra training on top of that, and then being forced to make time for you." He sighs.

"Being forced to make time for me." I repeat, looking away from him and laughing bitterly.

"God, I didn't mean to word it that way. I just said I'm forced to because you know, you're my girlfriend and that's just what I'm supposed to do." Tsukishima rolls his eyes, reaching down and grabbing my hands in his.

"Look, I've always just wanted you to be happy and enjoy what we have. You don't have to hang out with me because it's 'what you're supposed to do'." I look up at him, a sigh escaping my lips. "So only agree to hang out with me when you actually want to. There's no point in seeing each other if both of us won't enjoy i-"

In the middle of me talking Tsukishima leans down and kisses me, essentially cutting me off.

"Shut up already." He says as he pulls away, resting his forehead on mine. "I do want to. I'm not getting my point across well lately. I like being with you. It's like a stress reliever. Almost every time I've seen you I enjoyed it." He tilts his head, pecking my lips.

"Almost?" I question and a small smile comes over his lips.

"I don't like seeing you when we just argue. So yes, almost." He chuckles and I sigh.

"Why can't you be nicer. I understand that we're both trying to work on ourselves right now but lately, you haven't even been thinking about anything you say." I frown and he sighs.

"Let's talk about this at your house." He pulls away and lets go of my hands.

"But you can't, your mom is home." I tilt my head. His mom came home a week ago, which is why we haven't been able to see each other. He hasn't told her he was in a relationship because he doesn't know how she'd react.