Bonus Chapter 2: Blessings

One Year Later

"Kei, I'm really nervous." I bite my lip as we pull up into his childhood home's driveway. He parks, turning the car off and shifts to face me.

"It is going to be okay." He takes my hands, giving me a reassuring smile.

"I hope so..." I chuckle nervously. He leans over and kisses my lips.

"Akiteru, his wife, and baby are already here, my mother is here as well- obviously. Everyone is here, so we can just rip the bandage off and get right to it after lunch. If it doesn't go well, we just run out the house. Deal?" He grins, making me burst out laughing.

"Okay, deal." I nod.

We get out of the car and walk to the porch. Tsukishima pulls out his keys and unlocks the door. I see his hand is shaky so I put my hand on his and look up at him. I give him a reassuring smile and lean up to kiss him.

"I love you."

"I love you too." He smiles. Pushing the door open, we walk in and are immediately greeted by Tsukishima's mother.

"Hello you two!" She smiles brightly, giving her son, then me, a hug. "I'm so excited to have lunch today. We don't get to sit down all together as a family very often." She pouts.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. My schedule has been really hectic...and Katsumi's as well.." Tsukishima scratches the back of his head.

"Oh, I understand! You don't need to explain. I'm very proud of you guys." She smiles. "Let's eat! Your bother and sister are already at the table." She says before running off.

Tsukishima puts his hand on the small of my back and leads me to the dining table. Sure enough, Akiteru and his wife, Mai, were sitting at the table, Akiteru cooing at the baby.

"Oh, hey guys." Mai smiles when she sees us.

"Hi!" I return the smile and she gets up to hug both me as well as Tsukishima. I walk to Akiteru and bend down, looking at the baby.

"I can't believe he's already 1." I gush.

"I know, right?" He laughs and leans into me for a hug.

"He's so adorable, I'm so happy for you guys!" I smile, leaning away so Tsukishima can give him a hug too.

We talk for a bit before all sitting down to eat.

"Thank you for the meal!"

While eating, we talked about how Tsukishima's team was doing, and how my team was doing. We talked about Akiteru and Mai's job, how it was being parents, and what challenges they had. Akiteru and Mai are some of the best parents ever. They absolutely are in love with each other, and pour that same love into their baby.

It's honestly crazy to me how much has happened in the 4 years I didn't see Tsukishima. His brother got engaged our senior year, though I was there for that, but I didn't go to the wedding. I received an invitation but I was so busy that I wouldn't have been able to make it no matter how much I wanted to. I did send a present though.

"Wow, I'm so stuffed." Mai huffs out a breath, laughing.

"I am too, the food was so good I couldn't stop eating." I chuckle.