Chapter 9

"Did you sleep well?" Tsukishima asks as we walk outside his house.

After dinner Tsukishima and I did homework in his room, then he kicked me out so he can shower. I ended up watching TV downstairs with Akiteru. When he came down, he gave me the necessities to shower and that was basically it. We didn't talk after that, even though I could hear him watching Jurassic Park until I fell asleep, which was at 1am.

I woke up to Tsukishima viciously shaking me, and I quite literally thought I was going to die.

"Yes." I respond, stifling a yawn. "Your bed is comfortable, thank you."

"Good, because the couch sucked." He grumbles, crossing his arms. I frown, my shoulders falling.

"I'm sorry."

"It's whatever." He shrugs. Just then, I hear an all-so-familiar voice.

"TSUKKI! TSUK- oh." Yamaguchi yells from behind us, then suddenly stops. We both turn around and I smile, waving at the boy.

"Good morning." Tsukishima and I end up saying in unison. He looks over at me and gags.

"Good morning Tsukki, Katsumi." He chuckles, walking up to us. "I didn't know you were walking with us today." He directs at me. Before I could respond, Tsukishima talks.

"She practically begged to spend the night." He says and I blink at him. I begged him?

"And you let her?" Yamaguchi's face goes red. "Isn't that inappropriate?" I think about the things he said yesterday and laugh, obviously it was a lie.

"Yeah, I begged on my knees until he said yes. Lucky me." I say sarcastically and turn around, walking away.

He didn't have to make up a lie like that, he honestly could have just said we decided to meet up in the morning or something. Yet, he wants to make me out to be some type of thirsty, teenage girl. This guy aggravates me like no other.

"Where are you going? Wait!" I hear Yamaguchi.

"Just leave her." Tsukishima's voice comes right after.

I make the walk from Tsukishima's house to school, alone. I don't look back to see how far Tsukishima or Yamaguchi are at all during the time I do, I just keep my gaze forward. A million things run through my head as I walk into my classroom, but everything stops once I see a small package on my desk. I stop in the doorway and frown.

Who the hell is leaving these things? It's nice...but I'm starting to get a bit worried. What if they turn into a stalker?

"Gaijin." I hear Tsukishima sing behind me. "Get out the way, how are other people supposed to get through the door? You're big enough to block everyone." I crane my neck around to see him, a taunting smirk plays on his lips.

His smirk slowly fades as he looks at my blank expression. I turn my head back around and silently walk to my seat.

"Is she okay?" Yamaguchi asks Tsukki as they walk to their seats.

"Why would I know? Why would I care?" Tsukishima's voice travels to my ears.

Asshole. He's an unappreciative asshole. I am so over it.

I mentally laugh at myself as I think about how yesterday he must have been messing around with me. He's probably been messing around with me this entire time. I look at the package on my desk and sigh, opening it up.

It's a big chocolate heart. Well, not huge, but maybe around 6 inches tall. I throw away the trash, sitting back down in my seat and crossing my arms. I look at the girl who sits next to me, she was in here before I was.