-Chapter nine-

It's cold and dark. Nothing but a black abyss surrounded (Y/N), he cold feel his senses slowly failing, his breath being yanked out. A coil wrapped around his throat.
"No...I can't die like this..." (Y/N) said, his voiced echoed in this chamber of darkness. Why? How? Why did he end up like this? He had barely turned 15. How? How? How did he get here? Memory was slowly becoming a concept and a theory than an actual fact. Did he get crushed by that boulder? No, he was hit by something. What was it? He tried his best to recall anything, he remembered glass and wood. He could feel sharp stabs of pain ripping into his soul.
"AH! IT HURTS!" He screamed as he could feel his back ache, his head ached. Everything ached, he then saw it all, his entire life as he remembered what had happened, he was hit into a building, he could hear footsteps and then his vision went black. He then felt his noose fixed around his neck slowly fade away, he could feel his body, his lungs sucking in air and breathing out. His blood raced around his body as he could feel his heart pump. It was as if everything was happening in a second. He could feel colour enwrap him. 

Then softly, from somewhere he didn't see, a soft drop of liquid splashed onto his face. (Y/N)'s body bolted up from the floor, his eyes widened and filled with life, fear, happiness. He looked around, he was on a roof, the sky was grey and cloudy. His eyes pained at the light it was receiving, even if it was a miniscule amount, he breathed as he felt a pair of arms wrap around him. His body froze, no. He couldn't he had just been brought back! He then turned to face the beast that grappled him. It was a brown haired girl, (Y/N)'s eyes fluttered as he remembered.
"Sasha?" He asked softly as she looked up, it was her. (Y/N) smiled warmly as he slowly hugged back, he was relieved, he felt his body relax. 
"You scared us (Y/N)!" Sasha commented as she buried her head into his chest. (Y/N) gulped, he blushed slightly. Not many people hugged him, now thinking on it, he didn't think he was hugged since he last saw his mother. He then blinked, us? He looked up to see a friendly face, it was Jean, he had a nervous smile plastered on his face. 

"Nice to see you're alive (Y/N)," Jean smiled as he lowered his hand, (Y/N) grasped it and pulled himself up from the floor. Red bricks were formed beneath them, he could see titans patrolling the streets.  Jean sighed, leaning against a chimney. "We've been stuck here for an hour I think. I can't tell, the HQ is swarming with titans and we're almost out of gas. Blades too..." Jean's eyes furrowed down, his rage slowly growing as a black haired male stood beside him, it was Marco. Always a friendly and kind face to see. His face was recognisable, fairly long, short black hair, soft, freckles. Hard to lose in a crowd now he thought about it. 

"Wait? Where is she?" (Y/N) asked as he scanned the area. His eyes frantically looking around, looking over the edge of roofs, peering over the tops of buildings. He breathed heavily, he began to produce sweat from his forehead. A pair of soft hands was then placed on his shoulder, (Y/N) turned around. It was a small blonde haired girl with gentle blue eyes. She almost radiated some divine energy, the female blushed at the taller male. It wasn't noticeable from afar but (Y/N) was quite handsome, he usually supported a calm or smug look but this, this was different. His eyes beamed with fear and his head produced sweat like a stream. 
"(Y/N)? Who are you looking for?" She asked, her eyes relieved his stress. He could feel his stress lower from this gentle support. 
"Ashley, long black hair. She was in my unit. She has to be alive" (Y/N) stressed as he looked around, the blonde girl could tell that the woman meant a lot. Possibly his first friend in a long time.

"Ashley? The black haired girl?" Connie spoke as he walked closer towards (Y/N), looking over at the streets of Trost. "Last I saw of her, she flew over to the rear guard, I think she went to go alert anyone of the situation that we're stuck in." Connie spoke as (Y/N) felt an iron block slump off his chest. 

"You know, she's the one that brought you here. You looked like a damsel in distress (Y/N)" Jean joked as a chuckle escaped (Y/N)'s lips. His eyes relaxed and returned to it's neutral state.
"Thanks for the description of my lovely rescue Jean." (Y/N) thanked his comrade as he sat down on the brick roof. Looking over to see a wide eyed Armin, his hair did a good job at covering his expression. (Y/N) gulped as he turned to face Jean. 
"What happened to Armin? I've never seen him like this" (Y/N) asked as he looked down at his hands, they were bloodied. Not a surprise to him, he did crash through a window. His attention then buried to Jean as the taller male sighed and looked over to Armin.
"Don't know, we have two theories on why he's here alone. First theory is he ran off, too scared to fight against giants. Second theory is his squad was wiped out. Might explain his expression stitched on his face." Jean explained for (Y/N), only a pained sigh leapt out of (Y/N)'s mouth.