C13: Midvale Adventures

Barry's POV:

Midvale. My hometown. Where the skies glow in orange as it passes 6 pm. A beautiful place for a person who can't sit in one place and it's because I was worried about Kara. The news about the dragons is indefinite. No statement from the DEO. I'm trying to contact everyone from Winn, Cisco, and even Alex but no one answers my text or gets a call back. Eliza calls my name as she tries to calm me down.

"Barry, calm yourself down, Iho. You have to be patient just like in cooking. You have to wait, so that you can have the whole story and taste the whole course meal."
"Sorry, Eliza... I just want to know if Kara is okay,"
"Me too... Iho. Sometimes, if you live far enough... the news will come late to you... like the devastation in Texas... I hadn't heard anything from both of them."

Eliza was sweet and accommodating. I help Eliza to cook our meal for the evening, a steamed meat soup with carrots and potatoes and ice cream for dessert. Yum! We talked about life in Central City and what happens to Kara in Texas Devastation and we were worried about Kara's health. She is straining her powers these days. Eliza tells me that she is a strong woman with the right people at her side, which is us, she would be on the right path. At the last course of dinner, I asked Eliza for the keys to the house.

"Yeah, about that... why don't you sleep first in our guest room? I mean,"
"Oh... Eliza... I don't want to interrupt the rest of your evening."
"Sorry, I just miss someone being in this house..."
"It's okay, Eliza, you don't have to explain."

Alex visits her mother once a year because of the job while Kara visits every three months because she can fly out of the zone but of course, still, it feels different from someone visiting you and agreeing to sleep for the night.

"Do Kara knows you are having a vacation here at Midvale?"
"Yes... but I do hope she reads my text message before that dragon fight," I said looking back at the TV if there is new news.
"Oh," she chuckled a bit, "For you, she always does," then Eliza goes up and prepares the guest room.
"Do you need 'fast' help?"
"What are the rules in the house? No superhuman powers for the least..."
"Got it!!!"
"Just sit your ass down and watch some goddamn movies!!!" she said to me.

While I was scanning the channels to watch, a saw a breach outside the door, I immediately opened the door. It was Alex, I was shocked more when the one who also came with the breach is J'onn with Kara in his arms. My heart skips a beat when I see her. I was speechless and very concerned why Kara is in this form, the trauma I had seen her from the speed force rolls into my head. I look at Alex.

"Relax, Heartbroken Boy, she is just asleep not in a coma... I tell you what happened, if you let us enter my home," Alex said sarcastically.

Alex emphasis on home, I realize I was standing still in the doorway looking at Kara. I immediately called Eliza.

"Eliza!!! Alex, Kara, and J'onn are here,"

Eliza immediately goes down and looks at the trio. She hugs Alex first, then looks at Kara. Who J'onn put Kara on the sofa, and I put her head in my lap and carefully not to wake her up.

"What happened to Kara?" Eliza asks them.
"I'm fine mom, thanks for asking," Alex said like a jealous sibling.
"I didn't mean like that. I mean why Kara is like that?" Eliza said nervously.

Alex and Eliza have a restrained relationship from being a doctor with Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Bioengineer, and master's in forensic science like me, she chooses to be Lara Croft, a secret spy agent and Eliza's future for her daughter is not what she likes. Though having a relationship with a girl was fine for her.

"Sorry for disturbing you, Eliza, and Alex for being sarcastic," J'onn said, and he glared at Alex who zip her mouth, "Kara is just sleeping from the exhaustion, she also blows her powers out because she was exposed to Blue Kryptonite that makes Kryptonian powers in neutral form or their human form. Plus, Nia and Winn told Alex and I that she receives six vacation days from Ms. Grant, and she planned to go there.
"Yup," Alex confirmed it.
"How about you my dear? I think your sister would want you to be here as well as me. This house is bitching without both of you,"