No Parachutes

"How many pirates?" Stars and Stripes asked, and I set the plane to autopilot, rolling into the back. "25. Top mercs led by this guy. George Batroc. Ex-GCE, action division. He's at the top of Interpol's red notice. A lot of folks underground know who he is. Before the French demobilized him, he had 36 kill missions. Guy's got a rep for maximum casualties," I said. "Cyanide?" Rogers asked. "Agent Darness to you," I responded. "Agent Darness is one of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s best pilots," Rumlow said firmly.

"Hostages?" Rogers asked, getting back into soldier mode. "Mostly techs, one officer--Jasper Sitwell. They're in the galley," I said, typing stuff into my fancy armrest. "What's Sitwell doing on a launch ship?" Rogers muttered. "Alright. I'll sweep the deck, find Batroc. Nat, kill the engines and wait for instructions. Rumlow, you sweep aft, find the hostages, get them in the life pods, get them out. Darness, get back to the wheel," Rogers ordered. "STRIKE, you heard the Captain. Gear up," Rumlow ordered as I rolled back into the cockpit.

I opened the back, taking my spot in the adapted cockpit suited to wheelchairs. The jet got lighter as everyone unloaded, and I rolled into the back after putting the quinjet on hover mode. I strapped the specialized parachute onto my wheelchair on the handles and armrests, rolling off the end. I landed smoothly on the deck beside Rogers. "What about the quinjet?" He asked.

"I can control it from my chair," I said. I unhooked the parachute, and we made our way to the galley where prisoners were being held. They attached something to the door, Rumlow with a gun aimed at it. "On my mark. 3...2...1," The door blasted off the hinges, all of the pirates going down inside. "I told you. S.H.I.E.L.D. doesn't negotiate," Sitwell said.

"Alright, everyone out," I called, and everyone stood up. We would get their bindings off later. I followed behind Rumlow, the hostages behind us. "Hostages on route to extraction," I said into my coms. "Romanoff missed the rendezvous, hostiles are still in play," Rumlow reported.

Luckily, we made it to the side of the ship without interference. I cracked my knuckles, smirking. "Time to work my magic," I said, moving the quinjet, with a lifeboat attached, to the side of the ship. "Alright, everyone on," All the hostages filled into the boat, and I lowered the quinjet so the STRIKE team and I could get inside. I used a tiny laser to cut the railing and rolled on into the cockpit.

I commed back to HQ after settling in. "Hostages are secure, we're coming home,"