Birdbrain, Mark II

"Pierce," Steve realized. "Who happens to be sitting on top of the most secure building in the world," I said, hearing Sam's knife scrape against his toast. "He's not working alone. Zola's algorithm was on the Lumerian Star," He said. "So was Jasper Sitwell," Romanoff realized. "So the real question is how do the three most wanted people in Washington kidnap a S.H.I.E.L.D. officer in broad daylight?" He asked.

"Your answer is: You don't," Sam tossed a file down onto the table, the paper hitting the wood with a slap. "What's this?" Steve asked, sitting up. "Call it a resume," He said as Romanoff picked up a paper. "Is this Bakhmala? The Khalid Khandil mission, that was you? You didn't say he was pararescue." She asked. "This Riley?" Steve asked.

"Yeah," He confirmed. "Heard they couldn't bring in the choppers because of the RPGs. What, did you use a stealth chute?" She asked. "No. These," He held up the file. "Thought you said you were a pilot," Steve said. "I never said pilot," Sam chuckled, grinning.

"I can't ask you to do this, Sam. You got out for a good reason," Steve denied. "Dude, Captain America needs my help. There's no better reason to get back in," Sam retorted. "Where can we get our hands on these?" I asked. "The last one is in Fort Meade, behind three guarded gates and a 12-inch steel wall," Sam reported. We looked at each other, shrugging.

"Shouldn't be a problem,"