Leeks

Sitwell fell to the ground as he fell through the doorway and we followed after him. "Tell me about Zola's algorithm," Steve demanded. "Never heard of it," Sitwell claimed, putting his glasses back on. "What were you doing on the Lumerian Star?" I pressed. "I was throwing up, I get seasick," He said.

"Good for you," He stumbled, but Steve grabbed him by the jacket and prevented him from falling. "Is this little display meant to insinuate you're gonna throw me off the roof? Cause it's really not your style, Rogers," Sitwell challenged. "You're right," Steve let go, even smoothing down his suit jacket before taking a step back. "It's hers," Romanoff kicked him hard in the chest, sending him tumbling off the end. I looked over the edge at the dot getting smaller and smaller.

"Wonder if he'll go splat or thud when he hits the pavement," I said, earning a look from Steve. "Oh, wait, what about that girl from accounting? La--Laura..." She started. "Lillian. Lip piercing, right?" He asked. "Yeah, she's cute," She said. "I'm not ready for that," Steve denied.

Sam flew up in his wing pack, dropping a screaming Sitwell in front of us and landing, the wings folding in. We approached Sitwell, who had become magically compelled into giving us answers. "Zola's algorithm is a program! For choosing...Insight's targets," He shouted. "What targets?" Steve asked. "You! A TV anchor in Cairo, the Undersecretary of Defense, a high school valedictorian in Iowa City, the Asgardian, Bruce and Misha Banner, Steven Strange, anyone who's a threat to HYDRA. Now, or in the future," He said.

"The future? How could it know?" I asked, and he laughed. "How could it not? The 21st century is a digital book. Zola taught HYDRA how to read it. Your bank records, medical histories, voting patterns, emails, phone calls, your damn SAT scores! Zola's algorithm evaluates people's past to predict their future," He said. "What then?" Steve asked. "Oh, my god, Pierce is gonna kill me," He muttered. "What then?" Steve repeated.

 "Then the Insight Helicarriers scratch people off the list. A few million at a time,"

a/n There's a leek in the boat!