Snakes Among Us.

*Renna's POV*

I lay sprawled on my side atop the blankets as the morning sun peeks through the blinds and spills into the room across my body. I squint at the offending light and bolt up. Asa. Asa? I jump up noticing I am alone.

"Asa!" I call out. No response. I do not even register my own nudity as I rummage through the cabin in search of my now lover mate thingus. My moose man. "Asa!" I begin to panic a little. He's not inside. I pause for a moment, focusing. I can make out his scent and I practically float out the door in my trance, tracking him.

I've yet to become a creature, but my appetite and senses have heightened. I've noticed sharper hearing, keen smell, and even quicker reflexes. Asa has been very playful, and when we aren't making out, he has been 'toughening me up'. So far this has been good spirited abuse. He has wrestled, bullied, and sneak attacked me at every opportunity. He says he's 'testing and perfecting ' me, seeing how I'm progressing.

Asa has changed as well. He is smug and content. He is cocky and constantly flexing for affection and admiration. His body is bulkier and even a few inches taller. His beast is bigger, with two new tines and a thicker antlers overall. His senses seem heightened as well.

"Home. Home now mate." I look up to see Asa before me, radiating an amount of hostility that has me scared. My nostrils flare as I take in the tell tale scent of death.

"I couldn't find you. I came to...is everything alright?" I ask timidly. His mind is blocked to me. He steps closer, slamming me into the dewy grass harshly as I flail and kick him away. My body aches from his attack.

"Ass home now." He rages at me. I take off quickly from him, hurt by his lashing out for no reason. I only wanted to check on him. I get it now. He got what he wanted, so he can mistreat me now. I have learned to shut my mind off to him too, and I shut him down immediately. I'm much more agile now, and the trek to town is not far. I will not go home and wait for further mistreatment. I will go see Brie. I've let him pull me around long enough, I need to know that Brie is ok. Alpha's word did not satisfy me.

I realize I am still bare, and with a huff I stop by the cabin quickly snatching the spandex running shorts and a light tshirt. I feel no discomfort from the forest under my feet now, so I don't even bother with shoes. I speed off in the direction of the town, keeping over obstacles and ducking under low limbs. I smile at myself. I jump flat footed into the air gripping a branch about eight feet from the ground, with ease. I feel my legs ripple with my coiled muscle. I've always had strong, muscular legs but this is just wow! I play now to lift my spirits, testing my jumping and climbing. I jump branch to branch in the tops of trees, then leap down till I'm on the ground again. I come to the stream, which smells like death still and I hop boulder to boulder as Nixon had done.

"Look at you go, darling." I turn back upon hearing the voice to see Aaron ascending from my right. I stand proud and turn to him.

"Hello Aaron. How are you today?" I say casually, knowing he will gladly talk about himself.

"I'm phenomenal. A beautiful day. Great breakfast. In the company of a beautiful female." He grins. "How are you?"

"I am well. A little hungry myself."

"Would you like a meal? My home is close by." Nope. Nuh uh. "Hell naw. To the naw naw naw. Hell to the nooo." I sing the song in my head. One of social media finest gems.

"I hate to refuse, but I'm expected at the diner soon." Aaron smiles, but nods.

"I understand, the offer is always available though. I'd love to have you for lunch." I squint.