Home.

*Third person POV*

The group went into the heart of Lorcan's town to join the herd of others gathered there. The plan was for each Male to pack as many females and children as he safely could until they could get to the rural outskirts of Renna's town and meet Darrick and Tristan with the box truck. Elric passed a sleeping Renna off to Asa who carried her gently on his back

He felt a slight tinge of guilt, but he was going to do what had to be done. He was going to wipe her memory of all that happened before they met, and of all that had transpired after their mating. He had sworn he wouldn't do it, that he would never mess with her mind again, but it was the only way to fix this mess. When she wakes, she will remember nothing but life with him. Not her parents, her brother, Brie, nor her school life. She won't remember those childhood birthday parties with her now deceased grandparents. Or riding her bike for the first time. He will have stole them all from her like the thief that he is.

She'd hate me. She'd hate me all her life. It was unforgivable, but he would make good on his promises to her. She will be his one and only, until death. His beast wanted that from the beginning, but his man complicated everything. Now it has came to all this. He cranes his neck to be certain she's resting comfortably and not tipping off.

"Did you...?" Elric inquires. He is not happy with the idea, but he understands. Asa sighs.

"I did. I hate myself as much as she would, but I did it. She will remember everyone here but those newly acquired. She will not remember Demetrius. Her memory begins now when we met, and ends after we mated. She will return back to that point when she wakes."

"Post mating? Dirty bastard. What a convenient time to rewind to. Take excellent care of her. Upon returning, if you and Aaron still want to be part of our pack you will only get the mates that you have. You, Renna. He those poor souls that ate the dead in that cabin. You both will never partake in another claiming again, nor be allowed to take mates from the town." Elric turns his back on the foolish man and strides ahead with several children on his back.

Once they reach the outskirts, Elric links Darrick to have him meet them in the middle of nowhere with the truck. They place all the women and kids inside, and a few of the injured men ride with them. The others all travel back in form of their beasts to cover more ground.

Asa strays a little ways from the others, carving his own path home. He stops to rest under a pear tree and he gently nudges his little mate awake. His beast humming in content as she stirs and opens an eye. She sits up, looking down and then around her in clear confusion. Her head hurts.

"Where are we? What happened? I look terrible. I'm indecent!" Asa chuckles and licks her face. She wraps her arms around him and gets down hesitantly.

"There was a battle. My father took you. You fought in the battle and got injured. We are on our way home now. You've been resting. You saved people! You saved a group of females, and you protected me from a cougar."

"I did?" She stammers in disbelief.

"Yes. You were incredible! Alpha said you were an alpha female. He's proud of you. Aaron too. Aaron now has like five mates." Her face pales.

"No! He'll just eat them!"

"Not if he wants to live on pack grounds. Elric has already threatened him." Asa hands her pears and she eats beside him, in his human form now under the tree. "When you are fully healed, we get to make a trip."

"A trip?"

"Yes. I'll tell you more when the time is right. There's a group of people who love you, but due to injuries you won't remember them. You'll be meeting them as soon as you are healed."