Run Away.

*Renna's POV*

I am bored, tired and alone. I long to go 'home' and to stretch out on the bed and rest, but I'm afraid of what will happen if I do. What if he hurts me again? Or rejects me? What if he only keeps me there for sex and everything he said before was a lie? I'm exhausted and emotional. It begins to pour rain and I dip into a furniture store to wait out the downpour. I examine the furniture, trying to busy myself as I listen to the barrage above pelt the roof. I soon decide to test out a cozy, beige recliner and drift off for a bit.

"Get up little one." I feel a hand caress my jaw.

"No...you'll hurt me again." I whine and curl up, tucking away from the hand.

"I am no Asa. I will not hurt you." I crack an eye to see the alpha and I groan.

"Of course not. Biting and slamming isn't your style. You'd beat me unconscious with that whip because I didn't want to die." I snarl.

"I overreacted. I deeply regret..."

"Yeah, of course. You regret my having survived."

"I get it. I do." He huffs. "If you are tired, you should go home to sleep."

"That's not home. It's a free range prison. My home is probably several counties over, and the one with the grieving parents."

"Then come with me. You can sleep in my guest room and visit my females. My home is only on the outskirts."

"Thank you, but I need Brie. I just need to visit Brie." His face drops a little.

"Brie might come to befriend you again, but she won't recognize you." I raise an eyebrow confused. Of course she will! I've not physically changed much. "It is common here after marking for males to tamper with memories to speed up bonding or ease their mates discontent with our 'world '. Darrick wiped you from Brie's memories. He isn't a fan of your demeanor and didn't want her yearning to visit you. Also, given Aaron's vendetta against you, he feared he might target Brie to fuck with you."

"Fuck him! He had no right. No right to do that." I can deal with Asa's rejection, but not my Brie's. I sob as I recall our moments together. Hanging out the window of the fast food joint we work at to feed stray dogs. Our manager approached and Brie dropped my legs, I fell out the window by the dog onto my face. I remember Brie becoming trapped in a dress at a formal wear store and we had to pry her out and use her purse stapler to fix it back so we wouldn't be charged. She thought she was going to be trapped forever, in her body con sequined cell. I don't realize I'm a sobbing mess until I notice the alpha's panic.

"STOP!" He roars angrily at me. I curl up and cry harder. "Damn it. That always shuts mine up." He holds the bridge of his nose in disdain. "Food? Food? Are you a hungry girl?" He pulls lunch cakes out of his shirt pocket and I stare in confusion. "Yes. Little female wants it. Good girls get plenty of treats." He think's I'm a pet. He talks to me, literally like a dog. I flop over in defeat and hide my face. As if crying infront of the man who beat my ass off wasn't embarrassing enough, now he talks to me like I'm an abject chihuahua. I sense something and snap up. I see Dorin pass the main window.

"Dorin." I mumble. Alpha focuses on the window.

"Dorin." He confirms.

"Do...do you know him well? He's bumped into me twice today and we had a sketchy encounter a while back."

"Where was the first?"

"I caught him creeping around where Aaron disappeared after the snake man fought him. Weird, considering he claims to despise Aaron. He even went as far as to warn us about Aaron's plans to take me and try to overthrow you. He says they are half brothers. Dorin tried to take me too, then claimed it was a test." Alpha face darkens.