31: Emilia

-Emilia-

My eyes fluttered open, a smile gracing my features as I stared at the sunlight that was peering through the blinds of his bedroom window. I rolled over in the bed, preparing myself to see Vincent before I realized that he were no longer here anymore.

His side of the bed was made, causing my frown to deepen. I placed my hand on his spot, feeling how cold it was before my eyes fell upon the necklace that laid on top of his pillow with a notecard attached to it.

I sat up in the bed, holding the blanket up close to my naked body as I tucked my hair behind my ears. I picked up the jewelry, admiring it before I took the notecard off of it, my eyes skimming over his words that were written in his beautiful handwriting.

'I hope you'll wear this necklace every day the same as I wear your hair tie around my wrist. No matter how far apart we are from each other, I will still be yours and I hope that you will still be mine. There will not be a single day that goes by during my time spent away where I will not be thinking of you. I love you, my little Emilia. - V "

His words had left tears in my eyes as I smiled, dragging my fingertips over his adequate penmanship. I brought the card up to my lips, placing a kiss on it before letting out a small sigh.

"I love you too my little fuck knuckles." I whispered.

I set the card down on the bed, picking up the item of jewelry before setting it down on the nightstand. I was going to put it on, but I wanted to freshen up before I did so.

Pulling the covers off of my body, I got out of the bed, heading for the bathroom. I entered the room and turned on the lights before opening the glass door to his shower as I started the water.

As I waited for the water to heat up, I looked at my reflection in the mirror. My eyes skimmed over my naked body where every single inch that I looked at only triggered memories of last night. I could still feel the warmth of Vincent's hands travel all over my body as if he had never stopped touching me.

It was as if his hands had imprinted themselves into my body, claiming what rightfully belonged to him. I closed my eyes, a smile making it's way onto my face as I thought of him. I was so madly in love with him.

Taking my hair out of its bun, I let my tangled mess of my waves cascade down my back before I stepped inside of the shower, closing the glass door behind me.

The water kissed my skin, leaving me to burn with a different kind of warmth as I ran my hands through my hair. I closed my eyes, running my hands down my face as I rubbed my tired eyes to fully wake me up.

Grabbing my coconut scented shampoo, I poured some in my hand as I began to scrunch it inside of my hair. My actions had triggered a memory of Vincent as if I were still living in that moment. His presence could be felt as he stood behind me, his rough, yet delicate hands sliding up and down the curvature of my waist. The warmth of his lips danced on my skin as he kissed up my shoulder and to my neck while whispering sweet nothings in my ear.

My eyes opened, the smile on my face slowly fading just like the memory of him as I stared at the wet tile of the shower wall in front of me.

Letting out a deep sigh, I finished up washing and finger combing my hair to get rid of the tangles that had worked their way through my strands. Then, I moved onto my body as I spent the rest of my time pampering myself.