BROKEN HEARTS.

Author's Note: I'm skipping the rest of Order of the Phoenix as it's not relevant until we get to Sirius' death, well the aftermath of it

Obviously, Sirius' death broke Harry. The once somewhat cheery boy with sassy remarks was gone almost as if a dementor had sucked the soul of it his body and honestly, that probably would have been the best case scenario. After his death, everyone ends up back at Grimmauld Place but, it was no longer filled with warmth and sunshine as it had been last summer. Instead, the building was replaced with darkness, the wallpaper was beginning to tear and even Kreacher the house elf, who hated Sirius, couldn't bring himself to restore the house to it's original state so soon after his only remaining master's death.

For the first two weeks, Aishwarya was there for Harry. He would spend most of his time crying on her shoulders and she would let him. Comforting him the best she could by holding him but, how do you comfort someone who just lost their first and only chance of having a family? After two weeks, Harry gets into a mood and started avoiding Aishwarya  and at first, she let him but, by the third week things got worse and Harry called Aishwarya  away from her friends to talk in his room, "Aishwarya, could we umm...talk in my room upstairs?" Confused the girl complied, getting up from her seat next to the fireplace in the living room downstairs and followed Harry.

In his room, Harry doesn't waste time, even though it pains him to say this and hurt the girl he loves, it was the only way to keep her safe, the only way she wouldn't die at his expense, "Aishwarya, I'm sorry to do this to you but, it's in your best interest if we break up. I can't risk anyone else close to me getting hurt."

The poor girl not knowing how to react, did the only think her Slytherin persona enabled her to do. She got angry. I mean the girl's goddamn name meant wealth what other house was she going to end up in? "In my best interest? How do you know what's in my best interest Harold hmmm? Do you share the same mind as me? No, I don't think so! Why don't you stop being a coward and admit why you really want to break up with me? Admit that you simply don't like me anymore!" The girl's outburst had drained her but she refused to cry in front of others, especially the boy in front of her, breaking her heart into a million tiny pieces.

To say Harry hadn't expected Aishwarya to react like this would have been an understatement. He knew her and he knew her well. He also hated how she assumed he was lying about why he wanted to break up. She was right he didn't like her anymore. No, he loved her but, had been too scared to tell her and now he was breaking up with her. Instead of being gentle about it, he decided to match the energy she gave him and started angrily stating, "I don't like anyone else for goodness sake! I just want to keep you safe, why can't you see that?" the boy said running his hand through his hair frustratedly.

Hurt, Aishwarya retaliated "Harry that doesn't even make sense because even if I was just your I would follow you into battle. What about Ron and Hermione? Why aren't you bringing them into this converstation?"

"Because they've been with me since the beginning, they know what to expect!"

"And I haven't? Sure, we may have only properly became friends in third year but, I still defended you against my house mates, who by the way are Slytherin and hate you, since first year and I've been by your side since third year and since fourth year when we started dating after you asked me to the Yule Ball. Harry, I have been there for you since the beginning as well so don't use some bullshit excuse on me and save it for someone who would actually fall for it!"

The two continued bickering long into the evening till eventually, Aishwarya gave up and accepted his decision because despite the both of them being stubborn, she did not have the energy to fight the person she cared most about especially when he was trying to break up with her.

For the rest of the summer Aishwarya was like a ghost barely leaving her room unless it was for food and the two ex-sweethearts spent the entire time avoiding one another.