Chapter 3

Y/n's P.O.V.

Annoying as hell.

If I had to describe Rin in 3 words, they'd be annoying as hell. We were walking to our 'mission' and she starts to make the dumbest puns ever. I've never wanted to suffocate somebody so bad.

...

"Rin, how many should be there? A lot I'm guessing?" Lee asked minding her own business as she walked.

"Hah. You gotta walk on wood now Lee. I don't want to tire myself out too much." Rin joked snickering at herself. I grew a tick mark.

"What..? Why would I need to walk on wood?" Lee asked making me facepalm.

"Don't answer—" 

"Oh come on Lee." Rin paused to kick a rock and smirked. "Don't be such a lee rock, Dwayne Johnson."

'That doesn't even make sense!' I screamed in my head as I grew two more tick marks.

"Who is... Lee Rock Dwayne Johnson?"  Lee asked in curiosity. Rin sighed and pursed her lips.

"Lee need to talk Lee. Your undankness makes me want to throw up." Her puns made me want to throw up.

"W—"

"Oh would you lookie here! We're here!" She exclaimed as she skipped to the treasure hoarders.

"Hello~!" She sang smiling at them. The one that used a dagger squinted at us and then at her. 

"I thought you said you were going to bring only one other person? You aren't going to scam us, are you?"

'Ah I already see where this is going...' I puffed out in my head. I glanced over to Lee and she seemed to be in deep thought.

"Nope! This girl is somebody we picked up on the way. I have the item here..." Rin motioned for Lee to come up to her, and she did. She pulled a box out of nowhere and gave it to her. 

'I wonder if they have some sort of relic in there. It looks pretty small.' I thought trying to get a glance at what was inside.

"Do you have your own item? We're going to have a problem if not." Rin squinted her eyes at the guy. He shook his head.

"I don't play like that. Now," He motioned for the guy that uses a shovel to give him the box he had in his hand, to which he complied and gave it. "Show me." He commanded.

"Alright, alright." She said opening the box. She grabbed it with two fingers hesitantly and showed this flower to them. 

'Oh so it was a relic!' I smiled as I looked at the red and white flower.

"See? I don't gotta confirm the one you have, I can see it's real through the box." She said tapping her foot impatiently. She put the flower back in and the guy grunted.

"All right." He confirmed as he held out his box. Rin did the same and they grabbed each others at the same time.

'No scam..?' I thought to myself in confusion.

'I thought she didn't want to waste her ener—' Right as I was thinking that, the guy took the flower relic and it burst his whole body into flames. My eyes went wide but blank.

'Oh.' I thought with an open mouth smile*. Lots of treasure hoarders came up and surrounded us. I looked over to Lee and she looked worried.

"Rin can you take all of them?" She called out as she walked over to me slowly. Rin smirked her sly smirk.