The Train Ride and an Unexpected Discovery

"Attention, would all parents ensure that their children have the appropriate identification papers."

I glanced up, keeping my grip on Lucy's shoulder while her mother said goodbye to her. Lucy had always been like the little sister I had never had. It had been two days since the attack and we were being sent to a professor's house until the war ended.

"You keep this on darling, alright?" Mrs. Pevensie said, pinning papers onto Lucy's jacket.

"You warm enough? Good girl"

She moved onto Edmund who rolled his eyes.

"If dad were here he wouldn't make us go." he complained.

"If dad were here, it would mean the war was over and we wouldn't have to go," Peter said, reprimandingly.

"You will listen to your brother and Logan, won't you Edmund?" Mrs. Pevensie pleaded, looking up at Edmund who glared at her.

"Logan is just Peter's friend. She isn't related to us."

I looked away. I wouldn't let them see it, but it hurt more than I would ever admit. Peter put an arm around me. Mrs. Pevensie sighed and stood up, trying to kiss Edmund, but he turned his head away. Mrs. Pevensie wrapped Peter in a hug. She whispered something in his ear. He nodded. Then she moved on to me. She caressed my face, giving me a sad smile.

"I am terribly sorry we couldn't give you a better home, Logan." She said, choking up. I gave her a hug.

"I can't thank you enough for helping after you found out my parents... and that I needed a home. Anyway, thank you so very much Mrs. Pevensie," I whispered. She pulled away, walking towards Susan. I hugged Peter.

"I am really thankful for you guys," I whispered in his ear. He nodded.

"I am really glad you can stay with us."

"Me too."

I looked down to see Lucy standing in front of me. I held out my hand which she took.

"We'll be ok Lucy."

Mrs. Pevensie turned back to all of us.

"Now then. Off you go." She said, tears welling in her eyes. I picked up Lucy so I wouldn't lose her and we made our way towards the train, the only one of us talking was Edmund, who was shrugging off everyone trying to help us.

"Tickets?"

An elderly lady was impatiently holding her hand out. She looked oddly at us, but especially me. I sighed. I knew I looked different than them. Susan elbowed Peter.

"Peter! Tickets?"

Peter handed her the tickets and we were ushered onto the train. Lucy started to cry. I hugged her tighter while Peter wiped her tears.

"We'll be ok Luce, Everything's gonna be ok."

Once we were in the train, everyone except for Edmund leaned out the window, waving goodbye. Once we were out of sight, we put our luggage away and I sat down in between Peter and Lucy. I put my head on Peter's shoulder and hugged Lucy tight. This was going to be a long ride.

"Logan. Logan!"

I rubbed my eyes, looking up to see Susan.

"We're here."

I stretched, getting up and helping Lucy with her luggage. We ended up outside on the platform.

HOOOOOOONK

We jumped up, seeing a car approaching from the distance. We gathered all of our luggage, but the car drove past us.