The Land Inside the Wardrobe

"Peter winds up, poised to take yet another wicket!" Peter commented. Edmund, Susan, and Peter were playing cricket while I sat next to Lucy. Peter threw the ball but missed the target, instead hitting Edmund's leg.

"Ouch!" He exclaimed, glaring at Peter.

"Whoops!" Peter laughed.

"Wake up Dolly Daydream!"

Edmund rolled his eyes. I turned to Lucy.

"Hey Luce, you ok?" I asked. She had been quiet all morning. She shrugged.

"Not really. Nobody believes me!" I put an arm around her.

"Lucy, you've never lied before. I really want to believe you, I do! But it just seems so impossible." I said. She sighed.

"Look, how about after they play cricket, we go and check out the wardrobe again? Together. Without the others so they don't laugh. Ok?" I whispered in her ear. She turned to me, her jaw gaping.

"Really? Wow, you're the best sister ever!"

Before I could answer, I heard the sound of smashing glass. I looked up quickly, putting Lucy behind me. I rolled my eyes when I saw what it was.

"What the hell Edmund!" I yelled. Peter glared at me.

"Language! Lucy is right behind you!"

I turned to Lucy to apologize, but she was grinning.

"What's up with you, Luce?" I asked. She shrugged.

"It's nothing.

We ended up going inside of the mansion to assess the damage.

"Oh well, I guess we'll be orphans," I muttered. Not that I already wasn't. Peter sighed.

"Well done, Ed."

Edmund glared at Peter.

"You bowled it!"

"What on earth is going on up there?!" I heard Mrs. Macready say.

"The Macready!"

"Come on!" Peter yelled. We ran after him, winding through hallways, looking for a place to hide. Eventually we burst into a familiar room.

"It's the freakin wardrobe!" I exclaimed. Peter glared at me while Edmund rushed up to it, opening the door.

"Come on!" he hissed.

"You've got to be joking!" Susan groaned. I glanced worriedly at the door behind us. The footsteps were coming closer and closer. I grabbed Lucy's hand and dragged her into the wardrobe. Peter closed it behind us, but he was peeking out through a crack.

"Get back!" I said, pulling him back, accidentally stepping on someone's toe.

"My toe!" Lucy cried, turning to Edmund.

"I'm not on your toe!" he said defensively.

"Sorry Luc, that was me," I whispered.

"Move back!" Peter said, pushing me into Susan.

"Will you stop shoving?" Susan hissed.

"Sorry! Peter pushed me!"

I was pushed against something sharp, knocking the breath out of me. I touched my back. There was blood. I looked around to see what I had fallen against and I wasn't prepared for the sight before me.

"Holy shit," I whispered. This time, Peter didn't correct me. In front of us was an entire forest, covered in snow.

"Impossible..." Susan breathed. I hugged Lucy.