5

"So a little girl like you wants to take on the biggest case in Seoul right now?"
I knew the police officer thought I was joking but I wasn't. I wanted to get all involved in the 'Vamp Case'. Not for the money, the government was offering, but for the fun, excitement, and danger.

"I'm sorry I can't let you do that. You'd be putting yourself in major danger miss. You know one of our policemen got killed while investigating right?"
I nod and the man looks at me in fearful shock.

"Bite marks in the neck and wrist. Both sides."
I remember reading an article on the officer's death.

I also remember seeing the picture of the man's pale dead body with only a drop of blood on the chest like every other victim. That drop of blood was placed right below the collar bone. Body gently cleaned with a chemical used to clean oil paint brushes and so on. It's called White Spirit, weird right? Most blood drained out of them and they all die on rainy days or nights. The days of nights that blood smells thicker...better. The fingernails clipped to a nice manicure, no traces of hair, shoe size, witnesses, fingerprints, anything at all. There's barely even any evidence that there was anybody else there anyway.

"Why do you want to look into the case then? Especially if it's dangerous."
I shrug at the officer then smile.

"The adrenaline I guess?"
I shrugged once again with one of my stupid smiles and the officer just shook his head in disapproval.

"Ok, whatever kid..."
He handed me a fat case file so I left with a smile.

I pull out my phone and see a few notifications. 'Pearhead wants to send you a message'. Jinyoung wanted to talk to me and with a smile, I was about to open the notification but Jiho started calling me.

"Yeah?"
I spoke with a bit of a rude tone, but he ignores me and goes on.

"I'm planning on helping you with the case so I got my own copy. Meet me out front and we can go over it together at home since we both skipped breakfast."

"Ok coming!"
I quickly hang up then run to the front of the station where I see Jiho waiting for me with a smile. He held his hand out and quickly took it and we headed to his car and then back home.