Chapter 2

Emmeline POV
I grabbed my backpack and started to pack. I decided not to pack too much being how we are only gone for 3 days, I packed my favourite stuffed animal, Polly the Porg, an extra pair of clothing, something to take pictures with, and my necklace. The necklace was a wooden pendant with interesting carvings on it, I never managed to figure out the culture they were from, it was the only thing I had left of my family, besides the dreams. I see a women with long brown and sun kissed skin but face blurred who would tuck me in bed, saying how she loved me. I have a feeling that she is my mother. I am brought back to reality by a knock on the door.

"Emmeline hurry up!", one of the orphanage workers yelled.

"I'm coming!", I reply. I grabbed my backpack and went out the door. To get to the transport we had to go all the way to the capital, Theed.

On the transport ...

I sit next to Samra on the transport, the instructor said it will take a couple hours to get to Coruscant so I decide to take a nap.

...

I wake up to someone tapping me on the shoulder and I turn around to see Samra.

"Emmeline, we're here", she said quietly. I looked out the window to see the bustling city of Coruscant. It's amazing, I thought. The instructor stands up in the transport.

"Attention children, today we are first going to a market to get lunch, then go to the museum of the Jedi and Sith. I could barely contain my excitement. I always wanted to go to that museum ever since I became interested in force user history. Their stories always fascinated me, battles between good and evil, stories on how some of them came to power, it was my favourite thing to read about.

We walked to the market to get something to eat, I was excited to eat something other than the porridge we eat at the orphanage. I had some Jogan fruit and they were delicious. I have decided that they are my favourite food.

We started to walk to the museum and I couldn't help but admire the city. We are suddenly stop and I hear the instructor say,

"Children, we are going to quickly stop, because the Emperor and Empress are making an appearance!",

The group quickly make their way to the front to see the Emperor and Empress walk down to make an announcement. The Empress seemed... familiar, though I couldn't figure out why. Once the couple make it to the stage the Emperor starts his usual speech on how the first order now known as the new empire will bring peace to the galaxy and destroy the resistance. The Empress however, is looking in the direction of her group in what seems to be a mixture of of curiosity and shock, which confused me, but I chose to ignore it. The Emperor finished his speech and everyone clapped.

"Alright children, time to go to the museum!", the instructor yelled so we could hear her. We started walk to the museum, all the orphans were talking about the speech while all I could think about was how familiar the Empress looked.

———————————

I have edited the epilogue because I forgot to add a part to the story, sorry. I will try to get the next chapter out next week, but how are you guys liking the story so far?