2

As humiliating as it was, the five had to go through the sorting ceremony along with the tiny first years. All five of them stumbled into the little wooden boats but Rigel managed to fit just fine.

"Oh would you look at that. You fit right in, Rigel." Daniel smirked and winked at his partner in crime.

"I will rip your eyeballs out." Rigel barked back, her eyes narrowed in irritation.

Y/N stared at the castle before them. It was nothing in comparison to Beauxbatons Academy which was a pearly white palace with beautiful gardens, statues and fountains. One said fountain was a gift from one Nicholas Flamel and one that the group of five constantly messed around in much to the discontentment of their headmistress, who had had enough of their shenanigans and expelled them. Hogwarts seemed humble compared to the grand structure that was Beauxbatons.

"Alrigh'" The half giant known as Hagrid said, helping the first years out of their boats. "Come this way firs' yers and eh, you five I s'pose."

"You look minuscule next to him Rigel." Daniel smirked and patted the small girl's midnight hair.

"One more peep out of you and I'll shove your broomstick so far up your ass you-" Rigel was interrupted by Professor McGonnagall; head of Gryffindor House at Hogwarts.

"Welcome; to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Before you go in and enjoy the feast with the rest of your classmates, you must be sorted into your houses." Her stern voice immediately silenced everyone in her presence.

"Wonder if there's a house for midgets." Romeo joked and ruffled Rigel's black hair making Y/N and Daniel have to cover their mouths to muffle their laughter. Even Lance chuckled.

"I swear on Merlin's beard-" Rigel glared at all her friends.

"During your time at Hogwarts, your house will be like your family. Any good deeds will be rewarded with house points, any misdeeds and you will lose points. The houses are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin." McGonnagall kept a close eye on the five older students at the back, a look of worry rested on her tightly knit together face. "Now, come this way."

The massive wooden doors to the great hall opened and revealed what looked to be the night sky above them. All five were mesmerised and were actually put to silence because of how beautiful the ceiling was. Y/N felt that if they had reached high enough, they might have been able to touch one of the stars.

Cedric Diggory, who was sat at the Hufflepuff table and was in his final year, noticed the five. Although, to be fair, it wasn't exactly easy to not notice them as Daniel and Romeo towered over the first years, Rigel and Lance actually looked their age and Y/N had just managed to catch the eye of almost every male student at the school.

The first of the five to be called was Romeo. The sorting hat was placed on his head and without hesitation it yelled. "Gryffindor!"

The Gryffindor table roared with cheer and Y/N noticed all the girls swooning as Romeo made his way to the Gryffindors. Y/N swore they could've heard one of the Gryffindors say; "I could be the Juliet to his Romeo!"

"Yeah but they both die in the end with how stupid the two of them were. This is why communication in a relationship is important." Y/N mumbled under their breath to Rigel who just rolled her eyes.

"People will fawn over Romeo no matter where we go. Maybe this time he'll steal your spot as the most desired in the friend group." Rigel teased.

Rigel was next. The sorting hat seemed to have a difficult time deciding whether it should put her in Ravenclaw or Slytherin due to the fact that she seemed to possess all the qualities of both houses. Y/N, Daniel and Lance could all see she was starting to get irritated and saw her curse under her breath. Eventually the hat settled for Slytherin and the Slytherins cheered except for a certain blonde boy.

Daniel was sorted into Hufflepuff and Lance was sorted into Ravenclaw. Everyone had been separated and Y/N couldn't help but fear that maybe their friendship might grow apart due to them being in different houses. Though they felt some comfort that they would still be in a house with at least one of them.

"Y/N L/N Adzumi." Professor McGonnagall called.

Nervous, Y/N took to the steps and sat themselves down on the tiny wooden stool that was supposed to be perfect for first years, but they found themselves in a rather awkward position. They took a deep breath and awaited for an answer on that wouldn't come.

"So you've finally arrived." The sorting hat drawled.

"Finally?"

Everyone in the great hall was confused. Y/N sat there, their eyebrows knitted together and their lips pursed.

"The unsortable student."