23

Thomas turned red.

"Alexander, what are you doing?"

"Can I kiss you?" The question took Thomas aback. He turned an even darker shade of red if that were even possible making Alexander chuckle. "Is that a yes?"

Thomas nodded and Alex's lips gently pressed against his. As soon as their lips connected, it felt like fireworks had been shot into the sky and a heavy weight had been lifted off both of their shoulders. Thomas wrapped his arms around Alexander's waist while one of Alexander's hands lingered on Thomas' face and his other arm draped itself over Thomas' shoulder. After years of confusion and doubt, their feelings for each other were finally made clear.

"... oh. Sorry." Daniel and Romeo accidentally walked in on the moment. Both boys instantly pulled away at the sight of their younger brothers standing there. "We were just wondering where Rigel had disappeared to. Y/N's looking on the other side of the manor. Have you seen her?"

Alexander shook his head while Thomas needed a moment to compose himself.

"We'll uh... leave you to it then." Daniel said awkwardly, yanking Romeo by the collar and dragging him away to let the two boys have their moment.

Rigel stood on the balcony at the very top of the manor smoking a cigarette. If her parents found out she'd be as good as dead. The dark lord who? Her parents' wrath would be a million times worse. She exhaled and sighed.

"That'll kill you."

"That's the point." Rigel said, not even turning around to face Matthew who had his hands shoved into his blazer pockets.

"How long?"

"Four months. Stole from Zabini's stash. Didn't seem to give a shit though." She tapped the end of the cigarette and placed it back in between her lips only for Matthew to take it from her. "The hell are you doing?"

"Tonight's beautiful." He said, putting the cigarette against his own lips and inhaling. "You were beautiful tonight, my dove.

Rigel looked away and fiddled with the silver bracket around her wrist. It would have been rather plain had it not been for the fact that Daniel's initials had been engraved into them. Rigel looked back up at the boy beside her and he looked so empty inside.

"You're avoiding me. You don't talk to me anymore."

"Your friends hate me."

"It's not their place to judge who I can and can't associate with. I'm here for you Matt-"

"Stop it." Matthew cut her off and looked down at her, the cigarette now sitting in between his index and middle finger. "Stop giving me hope that you'll choose me."

He took hold of Rigel's chin and gently placed the cigarette back between her lips. He gazed into her eyes with longing.

"Don't give me hope, my dove."

With that, Matthew walked away leaving Rigel alone on the balcony. Once he had disappeared from view, Rigel's legs caved in and before she was conscious of it, tears had begun to stream down her face, the tear drops landing on the silk of her royal blue dress. Her small hands began shaking and she felt her chest tightening. Her heart was tearing in two and she had no idea what to do.

The rest of the group eventually found her and she lied to her friends that she was fine because boy trouble was the least of the friend groups worries. Y/N's visions had gotten increasingly more painful the more they had them. The four went to one of the many bathrooms where Y/N informed the boys about the visions they had been seeing while Rigel cleaned herself up.

On Christmas Eve night, Y/N had gotten another vision but instead of a vision of Grindelwald, it was of their mother and it was the first time their mother had an interaction with their father. They soon learned that their father's name was Abernathy Hart - Abe for short.

"And you're sure your dad had no relatives? No one we could find and talk to?" Romeo sat down next to Y/N on the black marble sinks.

"Not that I know of. I've asked Mrs. Adzumi but she said that my mother never mentioned any relatives on my dad's side." Y/N sighed and rubbed their forehead. "I want to know more..."

"It's hurting you Y/N. Trust me, I'm sure we'd all love to know everything and find the answers, hopefully find the prophecy within these visions, but your health is the number one priority do you hear me?" Daniel said, gently taking Y/N's hand off their forehead. "As the designated parent of the group, you need to prioritise yourself sometimes. You're doing too much for everybody else."

"Look, he's gone big brother mode." Tiffany Yoon walked in with a smile on her face. "Long time no see. No Lance?"

"He's with Potter. How are you Tiff?" Rigel hugged her other best friend, relieved that another girl had joined them.

"Decent enough. Things at Beauxbatons are boring without you guys though.  Cadance is still whining about that dress and stuff. Her date looks absolutely miserable." Tiffany laughed. "I feel bad for the poor guy. I saw him walk outside and I think he went for a smoke."

"Oh of course HES a smoker." Romeo rolled his eyes. "He's with Cadance."

"He's not with anyone Romeo." Rigel corrected.

"Why do you care?" Daniel asked, raising an eyebrow as the smallest one in the room.

Tiffany rolled her eyes and greeted Y/N. Tiffany wasn't as close to the group as she had her own friends back at Beauxbatons. She was relatively popular back there but now that her brother was gone most of the attention had been transferred to her and her friend group. Tiffany was anything but ordinary. She wore vibrant colours that some would consider an eyesore but to people who actually appreciated fashion could understand what she was attempting to do.

She listened as Y/N caught her up on everything that had happened at Hogwarts. Daniel had given her the general run down on things such as Caelum and how Romeo almost permanently changed the structure of his face with how aggressive his punches were. Tiffany listened carefully while helping Rigel dry her midnight hair.

The five were all talking in the bathroom when Cadance burst in. Her face instantly scrunched up in disgust upon seeing Y/N and Rigel but her face went back to normal after seeing Daniel, Romeo and Tiffany.

"Okay, can I just say that I absolutely adore your outfit? It's so cute! So eighties." She smiled a genuine smile. Depending on the person, Cadance could actually be decent and it appeared that Tiffany would be one of the few that Cadance would not insult and degrade.

"Cadance." Matthew opened the door with no facial expression. "I'm leaving now. Potter and his friends' brothers are here to pick me up. Don't drink any alcohol or else I'll be the one to blame and your dad will beat me again understand me?"

"Yeah whatever. Go ahead and abandon me then. I don't care. Not like I need the emotional support because you know I have severe social anxiety thanks to Rigel." She flipped her hair and batted her eye lashes.

"I'm not putting up with your gas lighting anymore. Just don't drink Cadance." He glanced at Rigel before slamming the door shut.

"What's got his knickers in a twist?" Daniel chuckled.

My dove; my hope, my love, my peace