8

The five ran as fast as they could and ended up being split off. Romeo, Daniel and Rigel were together while Y/N and Lance had run off in a separate direction to make it more difficult for the toad-like Professor.

Romeo panted, bending over with his hands on his knees. He flipped his hair out of his face and stretched his back, looking out at the lake that rested before the three of them.

"Quite a goose chase huh?" Romeo smirked at his friends.

"No kidding." Daniel chuckled and the two gave each other a high five. "She'll probably pull us all out of next class and give us detention or make some stupid announcement."

Romeo chuckled and saw Rigel sitting on the grassy hill, trying to catch her breath. She... was not the most athletic. Romeo and Daniel were both really athletic and tall while Rigel... was not. She was a talented witch but she absolutely despised sports. Rigel was also the shortest of the group standing at four foot eleven.

Daniel laughed and lifted her up onto his back. "C'mon, let's go find Y/N and Lance. They went the opposite direction."

"Yes sir." Romeo saluted and led the way, chuckling at how Rigel had just completely given up and rested her head on Daniel's back.

While wandering the humongous castle, the three stumbled upon Alexander and Thomas who had spotted Lance and Y/N near the astronomy tower. Both brothers looked at Romeo and Daniel and then at Rigel.

"She... she's not the fittest." Romeo said, poking Rigel's cheek which made her eyes snap open and glare at him.

"Well I saw them talking. Near the astronomy tower I think, right Tommy?" Alexander said, his arm around his best friend's shoulder. Thomas was not interested at all and had a feeling Romeo would not be pleased with what Alexander was going to say next. "Something about your friend Y/N being really pissed off about something. They looked real close."

"Thanks." Daniel thanked his brother and the three went hunting for them again. Romeo gave a weak smile and a hurt nod before following Daniel and Rigel.

Rigel was the first to spot the two and saw them sitting next to each other while Y/N ranted. They were pissed off and rightfully so. They were the only one who was "unsortable", they had been humiliated on their first day and they were trapped in a prophecy Dumbledore refused to tell them about. They had every right to be angry at the universe.

They kept their head held high though. They refused to let the stares of everyone else get to them because... hey, at least they were a celebrity now. They also had three handsome and protective friends by their side and a best friend who wouldn't hesitate to hex someone who spoke ill of them.

Y/N and Lance were looking out at the view of the lake, near where Romeo, Daniel and Rigel had found themselves. The lake was like a third party listening in to their conversation. Maybe like a mediator of sorts, keeping both Lance and Y/N company.

"Anyways, I shouldn't be bothering you like this. We're going through the exact same thing. I'm being selfish." Y/N gritted their teeth.

"Rant to me." Lance suddenly said without looking at them taking Y/N aback. "I like the sound. I like your voice."

Y/N flushed a little and turned away. Before they could get another word in, Daniel accidentally dropped Rigel which caused them to get into a play fight. Romeo was somewhat stuck in place seeing that the way Lance looked at Y/N was the same way he looked at Y/N; with the whole universe in his eyes.

So... they got detention at the end of the day.

"Honestly. Her screech can rival the likes of a banshee." Y/N rolled their eyes. "We need to prank her at some point. Even her face annoys me."

"Tell me about it." Rigel replied while doodling on the sheet of paper she was supposed to be writing an apology on.

Y/N fiddled with the quill that Professor McGonnagall had provided and was almost finished with their sheet of paper. They sighed and looked at their friends to see Lance was actually doing as he was told while Romeo, Rigel and Daniel... well... they were Romeo, Rigel and Daniel.

"You five are as mischievous as a group of five students I had the pleasure and displeasure of teaching around seventeen years ago." Professor McGonnagall walked in with her emerald green cloak trailing behind her.

"Old students huh?" Daniel messed around with his now black hair. He was a metamorphmagus and the only one in his family. Though, all he did was change his hair when he got bored. He'd already had every single colour of the rainbow.

"Indeed." McGonnagall pursed her lips and looked at the five. "Quite the troublemakers like yourselves. They managed to pull themselves together in their final year and I hope you five plan on doing the same."

Rigel chuckled and put her arms behind her head. "Whoever they were, we're better."

"Don't get cocky, Rigel." Lance told his friend off, still not looking up from the sheet of paper.

"Tell us about them miss. Go on." Romeo said, wanting to waste time so they wouldn't need to do the detention work that they were assigned, apart from Lance of course. As Rigel would say: he was a kiss ass.

"Absolutely not." McGonnagall told the Gryffindor off. "You five have detention, not only for knocking a teacher down but for pulling that stunt in the great hall with the Weasley twins."

"They deserved it." Y/N said, leaning on their desk. "They dumped sewage on me yesterday Professor. They even said I should go jump in the lakes and join the mermaids because we looked 'identical'!"

McGonnagall sighed. "They were mischievous and very very cheeky. We haven't had any student who could rival them apart from Mr. Fred and George Weasley."

Rigel rolled her eyes. "Oh please."

"Do you doubt me Miss Adzumi?"

"Well clearly you haven't spent enough time with us, miss." Y/N tried their best not to smirk.

McGonnagall looked at each of the five and memories from over two decades ago came flooding into her mind. The exact same five students were sitting where her old pupils were sitting, all doing the same things too.

Lance sat in Remus Lupin's seat, working hard and doing as he was told. Lance was just like Remus, coming up with the plans and concocting the potions that were needed for whatever the marauders had in store. McGonnagal also noted that Remus seemed quiet but was just as mischievous as his mates were just like Lance.

Romeo mirrored James Potter almost identically. One of the only differences was that Romeo didn't wear glasses. Reckless and brave but also so chivalrous. Romeo was very similar to the star quidditch player who aimed and succeeded in becoming head boy along with his love Lily Evans.

Rigel mirrored a Slytherin girl named Analyn Rivera, though it was rumoured she had changed her name after the second wizarding war. She was snarky and confident who didn't get along well with the Malfoy family. She was a very talented witch who could rival anyone in a duel.

Daniel was somewhat similar to Sirius. Both liked motorbikes, leather jackets and being "cool". They weren't as similar as Romeo with James but there was a similarity as Romeo and Daniel had grown up together as if they were brothers. Sirius had also developed feelings for Analyn before she... "ran out" on the friend group.

And finally Y/N... the beautiful Lily Evans was the one who was similar to them. She was beautiful and kind. She was responsible but she knew when to have a good time. She was strong-willed and loyal until the end. She was stunning and bright.

McGonnagall hoped the five's fates would not be the same as the marauders. McGonnagall wouldn't know what to do if she let another five students go out the way the marauders did. They were just kids.