11

Y/N stared at Rigel before laughing. Grindelwald had no record of ever having any living relatives. In Y/N's mind, there was absolutely no way they could be related. It was ludicrous. Y/N stopped and looked at Rigel who didn't laugh, nor did Blaise or Harry.

"Oh. You're serious." Y/N straightened their posture and cleared their throat.

"Dead serious." Rigel sighed. "I have no idea where people got it from. The whole thing is so outlandish. If it were another Malfoy incident then we could've just ignored it but it's not."

"Yeah, well, Malfoy isn't exactly Grindelwald. He only wishes he were that intimidating." Daniel scoffed, remembering how dangerously close Draco's face had gotten to Rigel's the day the group confronted him.

Y/N sighed and fiddled with the handle of their cup of butter beer. The once comforting warmth of Three Broomsticks started to make them sweat. Y/N's mother and father were both killed when Y/N was six years old and they were eventually taken in by the Adzumi household. Y/N had only heard whispers from Rigel's mother and father about Y/N's mother.

"She's like me Basilio. She had to change her name! It wasn't her fault! She has no control over her family! She just wanted to protect her child!" Dalisay argued with her husband in a hushed tone as to not wake the children, not knowing that Y/N was awake.

"You're different. You have no relation. This child is dangerous. The child has his blood. I will not have my daughters be put in danger because you pity a child of Grindelwald." Basilio Adzumi said. "I refuse. I will not care for this child. I will not put my daughters at risk for one child."

"Then I'll take care of them! They're a child! Do you think they asked for this? Do you think their mother did? Basilio, have some human compassion." Dalisay glanced through the crack in the door and saw Y/N's figure watching the two adults fight. "I will not discuss the life of a child. One's blood does not define them."

Y/N sighed and looked at Rigel who was messing around with Lance. Rigel was basically their sister at this point and Rigel always looked out for them. She was there to beat up bullies, she was there when her dad tried to isolate Y/N, she was there when Y/N had a crush even if Rigel didn't see what they saw. If given the opportunity, Rigel would give everything to protect Y/N because, aside from the boys and her mother, Y/N was all Rigel really had.

"Hey my Juliet," Romeo sat down next to Y/N, "don't worry about it too much. It's just a rumour. We'll put it to rest and we can go back to being troublemakers."

Y/N gave a small nod as Romeo stroked their hair to comfort them. Y/N was extremely strong willed and determined. Normally Y/N felt like they had total control and having fun just being a kid but the ominosity of Dumbledore's words lingered in their head.

Romeo sighed and was about to say something until his older brother and friend had walked in.

"Romeo, there you are." Thomas said pulling a chair over and sitting down next to his younger brother - taking his Slytherin scarf off with his pale hands and placing it on his lap. "We were looking for you."

"Why? Is something wrong?" Romeo replied. Y/N glanced between the two boys and furrowed their eyebrows together in confusion. "Oh, sunflower, this is my older brother Thomas."

Lance shoved Rigel off him and glanced over at Romeo who had stopped stroking Y/N's hair and now just had his arm around them. Sunflower. Lance tightened his jaw and looked away, trying not to put his jealousy on display for all to see. He failed. Both Rigel and Daniel noticed that Lance and Romeo hadn't been on the best of terms as of late.

"Oh. Nice to meet you." Y/N held out their hand and shook Thomas' which was cold as he was just outside with Alexander.

"Likewise. Nothing's wrong exactly, I just wanted to check up on you. The rumours are going crazy and I've had it up to here with Malfoy and his little gremlin friend group. I just wanted to make sure you're alright." Thomas gave a small smile.

"You can also come to me if you'd like. I exist too. If you guys ever need anything, I'm here." Alexander moved a chair over, plopped down next to Thomas and put an arm over his shoulder.

"I think we can handle it, hyung." Daniel shrugged and drank from Rigel's butter beer.

"Oh I need something." Rigel suddenly butted into the conversation making Y/N and Romeo raise an eyebrow. "Alex, I am in desperate need of a boyfriend and potential husband. Will you take up the position?"

Y/N sighed at their friend's boldness and pinched the bridge of their nose as Daniel's face filled itself with horror. He choked on the butter beer.

"Oh I would love to cutie," Alexander joked back and winked, "but unfortunately Thomas is the only one who wields my heart and only he has the key."

"Rigel!" Daniel exclaimed, staring at his partner in crime in shock.

"It was worth a shot." She shrugged and laughed as Daniel huffed.

Thomas rolled his eyes and went back to talking to his brother. Suddenly, Y/N felt ringing in their ears and their vision beginning to get blurry. They blinked several times, trying to regain their vision.

Flashing before their eyes was what looked like a young man. He had a wand held in his veiny hand and he had jumped out of the window with it. Was he stealing it? Was he running from something? Then another flashed. The boy was older now - much older. He had aged and his hair was now as white as snow - his eyes two different colours. It was Gellert Grindelwald.

"Hey, hey!" Romeo snapped Y/N out of it and looked at them with worry plastered all over his face. "You seem out of it. Are you alright?"

"Y-yeah I'm fine. I'm just tired is all." Y/N lied.

"We should head back to the castle then." Lance saw through the lie but figured it was best not to press the issue.

So the group of five left, Rigel leaving without saying goodbye to Blaise. She held onto Y/N's arm with a lollipop from Honey Dukes in her mouth.

"You sure you're alright?"

"Yeah... I just need some rest. I should be fine in the morning."

Sunflower.

Author's note:
Hi hi everyone. So, I'm not doing so well mentally due to these exams and this story seems to be my only escape. I'm taking the day off school because my head has been in a very dark place which means I'll be missing three exams much to my dismay. But seeing where my head is at, it's best I don't go in or it might get worse. I hope to write another chapter tonight, and tomorrow is the final day of my exams (thank the baby Jesus), so those on my TikTok will finally get another POV either on Friday or Saturday. This week has been exhausting but reading all your comments makes it all a little easier. Thank you for all of the love and support and I'll do my best to make this a story worth your while.