The Ugly Changes

A/N: "Personality changes following heart transplantation, which have been reported for decades, include accounts of recipients acquiring the personality characteristics of their donor. Four categories of personality changes are discussed in this article: (1) changes in preferences, (2) alterations in emotions/temperament, (3) modifications of identity, and (4) memories from the donor’s life. The acquisition of donor personality characteristics by recipients following heart transplantation is hypothesized to occur via the transfer of cellular memory, and four types of cellular memory are presented: (1) epigenetic memory, (2) DNA memory, (3) RNA memory, and (4) protein memory. Other possibilities, such as the transfer of memory via intracardiac neurological memory and energetic memory, are discussed as well. Implications for the future of heart transplantation are explored including the importance of reexamining our current definition of death, studying how the transfer of memories might affect the integration of a donated heart, determining whether memories can be transferred via the transplantation of other organs, and investigating which types of information can be transferred via heart transplantation."
-Mitchell B. Liester

LONDON, PRESENT DAY

TAEYEON POV

Everything became black and white of how I viewed my life today, the huge and deep scar in my chest where my heart locates signifies the hope and courage through the heart transplant operations, the emptiness and loneliness inside became so vivid on me but the memories I've had turned misty and unclear, the donor was a cheerful and sweet female highschool student who passed through the road infront of her school gate when she saw the stray cat that will hit by the car so she saves the poor thing from death yet it took her life instead came from my mother's story.

"Already woke up?" I heard my mother says with a huge grin on her face, I bet we belong from the wealthy family from what brand she wears.

"Yes." I nonchalantly said while looking in the window, the beautiful trees and birds chirping outside.

"How are you feeling?" Mother asked.

"I feel so lonely and empty." Her face turns into frown before she held my hand.

"It was just a phase of your recovery." She gave me courage but something was weird inside but I trust her because she's my mother.

"Okay." She nods happily.

"You will be the next leader of our clan when you come back to South Korea." Mother said and ever since I woke up after the operation, she informed me about my duties and responsibilities as the next leader since my grandfather passed away.

"Can I adopt a pet specifically a cat?" I asked her but her face shows a sour expression.

"You don't need them in the mansion." My mother's tone changes to hate but I have no heart to talked back at her.

"But I feel so lonely and empty, Mom." I repeated but she ignore me and decided to leave again.

"I have an appointment outside so I will see you in the next 3 days, I think?" She inform me and her bodyguards appears while opening the door for her and went outside without even saying goodbye to her daughter.

I sighed and stare blankly at the window.

"The bracelet and the ring." I remember the stuff I have as soon as I woke up. A wedding ring exist in my finger and when mother insisted that I must threw it away I protect it with all might and she never lay a finger on the ring again until she forgot about it.

"About the bracelet, it's the thing left from my donor who passed away." I stare at them and something inside wanted to search for the other couple ring.

"I only have both of you." I smile bitterly before I touch them with affection.

"The scar I have will never be forgotten and will last forever in me." I never shed tears as soon as I woke up from the deepest dreams inside.

"I think I left and forgot something." I wonder if my unseen dreams had meanings or it connect with the forgotten past I have.

"It must be a phase like mother says." The birds always stays in my window and looks like they wanted to say something on me.

"Am I missing someone?" I said to myself while looking at the blue skies through my window outside.

"Is the ring more valuable than my life?" I wonder again with my blank expression as I lean my back in the headboard of my hospital bed.

"A child." Suddenly, my thoughts became a voice in my lips as I continue saying the words.

"There must be something on the ring." I'm eager to find out about the wedding ring in my finger.

"It's more than my life." I recall how I eagerly protected the ring from my mother's wrath.

"I must find all the answers." I plan something after I discharge from the hospital and escape my mother.

"Wait for me." I touch the ring again and a gentle smile appears on my face.

END OF POV

To be continued.

A/N: Short update for everyone ^^