𖥻 chapter six

𖥻 chapter six"guess I needed some help"

𖥻 chapter six
"guess I needed some help"

꒰💭꒱

paris, 18/11/18 18:30 PM

mia and kevin would always spend her birthday together at her house when they were little, him taking her on long road trips while growing up.

she has those sweet memories of him and her spending a whole weekend on the outskirts of the city, camping in the forest and having the starry night above their heads while laying on a blanket she had made sure to bring.

kevin would describe it as a canvas dyed in many shades of blue, then god took a brush and carelessly splattered white paint, creating dotty paths. mia liked how kevin had those artistic ways of describing things, it made her love her friend even more.

"and this is me twerking." he pointed at a group of stars, mia letting our an airy laugh that caused her to vibrate next to him. "what the actual heck kev, how is that you twerking? that's me doing the 'pick it up' challenge."

kevin chuckled at how she got up and started dancing, eventually falling on her side. kevin sat up and leaned a tad bit closer, tapping her thigh. "sis, you alright in there?"

"yup! I am." she struggled to stand up on her two feet, yet made it with the help of his. midway through standing, she looked up to him and smirked, but he didn't notice. "SIKE!"

she dragged him down, both of them laying on the wet grass with giggles escaping her lips and whimpers of pain coming out of his. "I think I just dislocated my spinal cord."

"is that even possible?" mia choked on her laughs, as he shrugged. "dunno, it seems like it tho. like, I can feel it." he said, sitting up on his butt, gripping on her side to pull her up. "come here you bastard!"

mia smiled at the memories flooding in her mind, leaving her staring at the complete nothing before her, a strand of her hair fiddling in between her pointer and thumb.

"you alright?" eunbi came back from work to find her cousin's eyes filled with a wave of tears. she immediately ran to her, seeing how she was by no means fine, especially when the girl leaned her head on her shoulder and started crying even more.

"I miss him." she whispered in a pout, eunbi caressing her back with her arms wrapped around of her, as mia got immersed in its warmth. "I know mia, it's not like you ain't saying it the whole time, but kevin is now building his own life in canada."

not the best way to comfort her, but she was all the way right. kevin had moved on in order to achieve what he truly wants, and mia shall be happy, but how can she when her best friend is not by her side?

eunbi left her in the couch, wanting to make dinner for both of them, since mia only knew how to cook basically only ramem (how do you want it? to hang out with kevin moon means to put the kitchen on fire).

mia thought that letting the thought of him aside would do her some good, but boy was she wrong? in fact, the image of another boy popped in her mind and, in fact, it also brought a smile on her lips.

her heart started beating faster when she thought about what happened yesterday in front of the small flower shop near her house. the warmth that built up between them was somehow still lingering on her chest area, her cheeks turning into a fade shade of red when the distance between them was nothing but a breath apart.

unbeknownst her, juyeon was also thinking about their small interaction a few hours ago. on the side note, he's been thinking of it the whole night, whether sleeping or not.

he doubted this thing to be called love or something stronger, maybe it's just a small crush like those silly ones in high school, but was it affecting him in any possible way? hell, it did.

he was aware of mia's birthday in two days, but his mind's gone completely blank. he wanted to somehow make it special for her, to create a memory that was new to her, and not all those basic files in her brain that only had 'kevin' written on them.

he wanted to at least have a file with the name 'juyeon' between the sea of files named 'kevin'.

maybe taking her for a stroll to the eiffel tower has already been done (by his beloved kevin moon of course), and that was the only thing he could afford for the time being.

it made him frustrated, his fingers tangled up with his hair and his lips moving ever so lightly while trying to think of any scenarios.

the thing is, why was he stressing over making her birthday seem special? of course, kevin'd have already done this and succeed in that (cause he was 'the' kevin moon, mia's friend, and mia is an awesome person that deserves all the awesome people in her life).

"you seem troubled." jacob pointed out, making juyeon growl. "it's not like I don't know it or what!" jacob was taken aback (in both ways, as he took some penguin steps backwards), seeing how his roommate kept his eyes glued on the ceiling after uttering that.

"I'm sorry jacob, I didn't mean it, I'm just really...angry? with myself." he said, an exasperated sigh ringing his lips. jacob smiled sympathetically, walking towards his friend with his hands extended. he put them on his shoulder and brought him closer to his body.

juyeon was now immersed in a hug all warm and lovely. he hadn't felt like that in quite some time, and it really did feel refreshing, it made him forget all this frustration for a few moments, before he went back to rambling.

"what shall I do?" he mumbled, the older stroking his back fondly. "you know, you can talk to me and ask me anything you'd like, I'll try to help you in any way possible."

juyeon hesitated for a moment, yet he found himself opening up to jacob as if they were good old friends. tho they knew each other for the short span of six months, there was familiarity in between.

the familiarity that reminded him of her.

"well, about that eiffel tower thingy." jacob started, trying to catch up with the boy's mumbles, slowly coming up with an idea. "it does sound good."

"the thing is, she lives in paris, she'd of course have gone there before. this is where we met for the first time, to be honest." jacob seemed deep in thought, but he actually did have something ready to say.

"you know, you can make something special out of the ordinary, it just needs imagination and the love you have for the other." he said with a smile, tapping on his shoulder as he turned around and left the room.

juyeon was left with lips slightly parted, thinking of his friend's last words. they seemed right in any way he was trying to find a flaw, and it's not like he disliked it or what.

"food is ready, wanna come? thinking with an empty stomach is a torment."