𖥻 chapter nineteen

𖥻 chapter nineteen"maybe

𖥻 chapter nineteen
"maybe...a new start?"

paris, 10/01/19 08:30 AM

"what would you like as a birthday present?" mia asked while tightening the grip on his hand, as juyeon smiled before looking at the front once again. "just having you is the perfect gift for me."

"na-ah, don't flatter me and spit it out. c'mon, I know you have something in mind." she nudged his shoulder while looking at his side profile, him chuckling at her impatience.

"I actually do have a plan for my birthday, so don't worry yourself over it. besides, you need to focus on your designs and not me. they're currently far more important, we have birthdays to celebrate in front of us."

again with this fluttering feeling in her heart. juyeon seemed to love torturing the girl in such ways, leaving her with many questions about the future and them. it felt as if everything was planned, as if their future was already written down in a book that mia had a hard time finding it.

"b-but, we also have many spring seasons in front of us. I want to make your first birthday with me unforgetable, just like how you did to me." she reasoned, as the boy felt the ends of his lips twitching upwards.

he loved the way she cared this much, and it reminded him of soyeon. she was energetic, as sweet as mia and always caring towards him. if she was a tad bit careful tho, maybe it'd have been better, maybe juyeon would still lead a happy life with her.

his smile vanished as fast as it came, as memories struck him. no, this was not the right moment to be thinking of it, neither was it the right time to be reminiscing the past.

he glanced over mia, treasuring all of her being. yes, mia was beautiful (maybe way more than than soyeon), but nothing could really replace his first love. as much as he loved mia, the girl's still haunting him, in a very persuasive manner.

in a way that juyeon could die for her.

"hey, croissant stealer." he blinked a couple of times, snapping out of this dull flashback, as mia flashed him a smile. "you seem troubled." she then opened her arms, wide enough to welcome him all in. "want a hug?"

mia wasn't really sure, but she could swear she saw her boyfriend's eyes glistening under the blinding light of the sun above their head. she wanted to know, whether they were trears of joy, or just the usual tears people shed when sadness takes over them.

judging by his face, they were by no means out of joy.

juyeon immersed himself in her warm hug, feeling how the girl tried hard enough to reach his back and lock her hands together. he laughed, gently taking them as he placed a kiss at the back of them.

"I love you." he whispered, hugging her close to him while letting her hands rest on his chest. mia looked at him with her brows furrowing, yet a smile was present on her lips. "suddenly?"

"ain't it 'loving mia' hours always open?" he asked while arching a brow, mia smiling as she hid her head inside his coat and rubbed her forehead on his chest, him laughing. "you are so damn cute."

"oh my, that's the very first time you said that." she exclaimed, pointing at his face while sealing her mouth with her palm. "tough juyeonie is simping over cutie pie mimi!"

"stop fluttering yourself, kang mia. I just said you are cute, not ariana grande!" he said, pushing her face while walking away. the girl gasped, stomping her feet in a try to reach him. "do you find her beautiful? I find her ugly as hell!"

"hey! ariana is beautiful, okay?" "okay, then kim mingyu is way more beautiful than you!" "I dont't remember insulting you like that missy! I am way more handsome than him!" "ha, ha, HA! kim mingyu is the most handsome human being baby, never deny that again!"

"you are being so loud today, for what this fuss?" yuna asked when the two came in, still bickering over who the most handsome is. "nothing, just that kim mingyu is a daddy-"

"he what? hey, five centimeters, you better watch out your words. you can date him if ya want. c'mon, the road is all open to korea!" he extended both his hands towards the exit, accidentally slamming them against hyunsuk's face. "dad, you ain't supposed to hit your son!"

"uhm, anyways. mia, brian said he needs your help with his new project. he finds it quite difficult for being an intern-well, I ain't blaming him, hwanwoong did go hard on him." she said, mia nodding as she smiled at her (well, before she turned to face juyeon and ran her thumb through her neck, mouthing a small 'I'll kill you' to him).

"hey." she mumbled when yuna left her all alone in the presence of brian, as the boy smiled at her. "hey. I guess yuna told you about my case. this shit is literally so damn hard." the brunette reasoned, as mia nodded.

"I know, hwanwoong is really stressed over the spring season, he ain't getting things straight." she laughed out, as brian motioned for her to come closer to his desk, so that he could saw her whatever was on his laptop. "oh my holy crackhendery, he indeed can't get anything straight, even himself!"

brian laughed, as he watched her typing some keys with her gaze fixated on the screen. yet, he could see how from time to time he would glance over him, and the way her hands were shaking ,tho the room being warm, caused him to raise one brow.

"mia, listen." he suddenly said after some deafening silence, the girl flinching as she nodded her head. "just talk, I'll keep typing and-" "mia, I mean it. since day one, you've been avoiding me so damn much that I hate it."

the girl stopped her actions, balling her fist while taking a deep breath. "I know you may be still feeling awkward around me, and I find it absolutely normal, but it's over. I respected your wish to let everything behind, so please respect my wish too, and let's have a talk."

mia nodded her head (besides, he was right, and she had no reason to deny it). she looked at him, finding his dark brown orbs looking at her the way they always did; lovingly and with so much affection.

that sadly had to be fake.

silence took over them, with her regretting to even agree to this nonsense, yet soon enough the boy spoke up. "I see you got yourself a boyfriend. you made a pretty good choice, if you want me to voice my opinion."

"it's your choice whether you say it or not." she said, as the boy smiled while looking at his fiddling fingers. "I can see that you and him are really close, and you seem really happy with him."

"in contrast to what I did with you." she finally took the courage to look at him in the eyes, seeing for the very first time that the boy was actually crying. she flinched (as it was expected), her hands impulsively (and out of habit) being brought up to wipe them off.

"h-hey, don't cry!" she said, sushing him as he smiled at her. "well, lemme tell you, these are only tears of happiness." he said, as she took her hands and hang her head in shame. "I-I'm sorry."

"it's fine, I know your heart owns someone else." he said, and the girl found her lips twitching into a small smile. "I mean-oh gosh, it's so embarrassing." she exlaimed, the boy laughing at how she hid her face in her palms. "there's nothing to be embarrassed of. let the past behind, and act as if we are two complete strangers."

mia nodded, brian putting a strand of her hair behind her ear. "I'm happy that you moved on, we both know that this would never work out. we weren't meant for each other, so let's just forget about it and make new memories...as simple friends, if you of course would like to."

"well...why not giving it a try? it won't be that hard, right?" she asked, him shrugging. "only if we never bring this up again." he pointed out, mia finding the reasoning logical enough to convince herself that it won't harm her.

well...will it?"